The typical city thread.

that middlesborough game jesus!

that dick head fowler missing a penalty late on as well.

i felt horrible coming away from that.

Thought we were pretty much past 'typical city' over the last 3-4 seasons but I was unlucky enough to attend the cup final last season and those words (with another in between) were the first thing I said leaving wembley .......

The defeat to Cardiff and the centre back situation hasn't done too much to reassure me ...

blue b4 the moon said:
SaddleworthBlueRhino said:
BlueStarchini said:
I remember being at maine road as a little kid for the derby . The Kippax went crazy because we were 2-0 at half time. In the second half the rags came back to win 3-2... Typical city.

I can't for the life of remember what year this was, my memory is telling me that Quinn got both our goals but it could be mistaken (it's a hazy memory).

Probably this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfVr1OE8ny0

93/94. I was sat in the Platt Lane enjoying it. All goals scored in this end and the best football skill I have ever seen. Smeikel? threw the ball to the left wing and gigs in full flow took it on his left foot full stride and took it down the wing. Even then I resented the fact that he had been nicked form City. ‎

To make it worse the rags had just blown a lead in Galatasary (sp) and we'd all been taking the piss with 'Two nil up and you fucked it up' or something similar only to get it rammed down our throats after.

I think the following year or so we were pissing them 3-1 and Reid was taken off as the game was over with 10 mins to go, we were lucky to get away 3-3 from that one.

The game where we were 3-1 up was the season after the 5-1 . Colin Hendry put us 3-1 up with about 10 mins to go & Kendall took off reidy and put Ian brightwell on . It really did feel like a defeat after that game.
The 81 cup final was a classic "typical city" game (best team by a mile and then concede a ridiculous own goal from the man who scored our goal !!)

For me it was a few years ago and being 5-0 away at Burnley at half time and it absolutely pissed down. They were trying to get the game called off but luckily it did not. Only a City fan can be 5-0 away from home and not relax and enjoy the game.

C
SaddleworthBlueRhino said:
BlueStarchini said:
I remember being at maine road as a little kid for the derby . The Kippax went crazy because we were 2-0 at half time. In the second half the rags came back to win 3-2... Typical city.

I can't for the life of remember what year this was, my memory is telling me that Quinn got both our goals but it could be mistaken (it's a hazy memory).

Probably this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfVr1OE8ny0

93/94. I was sat in the Platt Lane enjoying it. All goals scored in this end and the best football skill I have ever seen. Smeikel? threw the ball to the left wing and gigs in full flow took it on his left foot full stride and took it down the wing. Even then I resented the fact that he had been nicked form City. ‎

Thanks for finding the video, that's the one alright!

I just realised that this must have been before the new Kippax stand at maine road because I remember sitting on the blue metal partition bars and not a seat. Funny how the memory merges different details over time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.