The Ultimate Rock Icon.

Re: The Ultimate Rock Icon.

Banned Tosspot said:
ElanJo said:
Banned Tosspot said:
REM are certainly more talented than Oasis. I'll take that to any court in the land!

lol REM spent 40 years trying to write a Live Forever
PMSL the song Live Forever repeats the same verse over.

Don't get me wrong, it's a top tune but seriously.

Probably the first time ive ever done this, but i agree with BT.

Banned Tosspot said:
ElanJo said:
Banned Tosspot said:
REM are certainly more talented than Oasis. I'll take that to any court in the land!

lol REM spent 40 years trying to write a Live Forever
PMSL the song Live Forever repeats the same verse over.

Don't get me wrong, it's a top tune but seriously.

Tomorrow Never Knows has 1 chord throughtout but it's one of the greatest songs ever written (the best, imo)

Jimi Hendrix wrote about 3 good songs. The rest were technically impressive but were a bit shit song-wise.

When it comes to talent and songs, songwriting talent trumps all. No good in being the fastest, most versatile guitarist in the universe if you have no ear for a melody

that bloke from oasis :)

john_lennon_contest_617_409.jpg

Ian Brown
Paul Weller
Bono
John Lydon

I await criticism but in my opinion those are worthy contenders

Jesus wept, Thom Yorke would piss over most of what Chungo has posted in this thread.

Chungo said:
Steve Tyler anyone?

Yes, deffo.

In the 70's Tyler and Perry were icons in the hard rock world (Pre-clean up, over produced, over polished era that got them known here o'course) They were selling out stadiums and albums by the shed load.....did drink drugs and women in the same amounts too....icons.

allan harper said:
As voted by NME readers the semi finalist are

David Bowie
John Lennon
Liam Gallagher
Alex Turner

Can't say I disagree with any of the above, each worthy winners.

Well I fucking do. Alex Turner? A rock Icon so iconic that I had to look him up? Liam Gallagher? Liam?? I wouldn't even put Noel on the list but at least he would be nearer to it. Bowie? Rock? Fucking hell.

No place for Roger Daltrey? Keith Richards? Lemmy? Ozzy? Plant? Gillan? Jim Morrison?

BimboBob said:
allan harper said:
As voted by NME readers the semi finalist are

David Bowie
John Lennon
Liam Gallagher
Alex Turner

Can't say I disagree with any of the above, each worthy winners.

Well I fucking do. Alex Turner? A rock Icon so iconic that I had to look him up? Liam Gallagher? Liam?? I wouldn't even put Noel on the list but at least he would be nearer to it. Bowie? Rock? Fucking hell.

No place for Roger Daltrey? Keith Richards? Lemmy? Ozzy? Plant? Gillan? Jim Morrison?

Yes there was room for all those nearly-rans but they got knocked out in the early rounds, just goes to show the younger generation don't regard the oldies as icons anymore.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.