The very best of William Shakespeare

powerful

'Friends, Romans, countrymen'​

I'm not sure it can ever work properly without the countrymen to have their minds turned. One of the beauties of Shakespeare is its adaptability (to other cultures - there's a Globe theatre in Tokyo - and other settings like the film version of Macbeth set as drug warfare in Sheffield). Try this, beginning with Brutus.

Shakespeare didn’t write a thing, his daughter was illiterate, it was all the work of Christopher Marlowe
Many women at that time (and later) were illiterate. I don't think you can base much on that evidence. Female education was rarely a priority unless you were royal, noble or Sir Thomas More.

As an aside, the richest member of my family, when I was a kid, was my Great Uncle Joe. He was illiterate too. And his parents were not nobility, He might have inherited maybe £100 from his Mum. Ended with a massive house in Brooklands and more brass than he could count.

Many women at that time (and later) were illiterate. I don't think you can base much on that evidence. Female education was rarely a priority unless you were royal, noble or Sir Thomas More.

As an aside, the richest member of my family, when I was a kid, was my Great Uncle Joe. He was illiterate too. And his parents were not nobility, He might have inherited maybe £100 from his Mum. Ended with a massive house in Brooklands and more brass than he could count.
Was it those mint balls he invented?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.