The very, very, very best place to live

Moved to Hawarden as we heard it was the "Bournemouth of the North".... its handy for the Stockport office for me plus a decent run to the match. It's also close to the Outlaws and the wife's Mum etc. on the Wirral

Spent a long weekend in Silverdale last month and that looks an amazing place to live once I am retired (couple of years yet) as long as I can afford a sea view

Still tempted to get a bolthole in Europe somewhere for winter... did fancy Florida but we need to be somewhere closer for treatment / check ups for the wife's condition... in remission at present (touches wood)
Don't half of michael Owens family live there ?

I have been lucky enough to live abroad for 25+ years in quite a few countries and have visited many others I enjoyed living in Spain, Italy, Portugal and Thailand but my favourite is the Czech Republic.

Having said that we are back in the UK temporarily and I am really enjoying life here in North Yorkshire. I suspect when the kids are done with school, we'll be heading back to Thailand though.

Mrs P is currently looking over my shoulder and apparently I agree with you :)

If I was of retirement age, possibly Harrogate. My sister and her family, as well as my dad, live there. Nice town with a relaxed feel about it.

If I was of retirement age, possibly Harrogate. My sister and her family, as well as my dad, live there. Nice town with a relaxed feel about it.

There is indeed a place that is most wondrous Manc Man.
With the clearest transparency of turquoise seas.
Powdered white sands so fine as to question natures own design.
Fruit of the vine and the work of human hands.
You may travel to this place of wonder if you will only follow me.
Happy are those called to our supper.

Believe me when I say that the light will fall upon all of you this hallowed eve.
And the time for honoring yourselves will soon be at an end.

Soon oh soon the light:

Harrogate is very nice too.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is indeed a place that is most wondrous Manc Man.
With the clearest transparency of turquoise seas.
Powdered white sands so fine as to question natures own design.
Fruit of the vine and the work of human hands.
You may travel to this place of wonder if you will only follow me.
Happy are those called to our supper.

Believe me when I say that the light will fall upon all of you this hallowed eve.
And the time for honoring yourselves will soon be at an end.

Soon oh soon the light:

Harrogate is very nice too.

Hahaha

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.