The Victory Parade (Merged)

nomorethaksintimes said:
City - "The club wishes to express its sincerest apologies to Sir Alex Ferguson and Manchester United for any offence or distress caused."

<a class="postlink" href="http://football.uk.reuters.com/leagues/premiership/news/2012/05/14/AF0063D6-9E17-11E1-A903-020D8033923B.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://football.uk.reuters.com/leagues/ ... 33923B.php</a>

Very good decision imo to knock it on the head early and not start getting caught up on semantics and technicalities related to the 'not in my lifetime quote'. You don't have to look far back at the Suarez issue to see how these things can snowball. It'll be a non-story in a couple of days this way and regardless it just looks better to apologise.

In two minds.

Best to knock it on its head I guess. However when's are our PR department gonna grow a set and hit back at the pro-rag media?

They bastards knew full well it was just a little dig at Fergie's 'never in my lifetime' comment, but they made this story into a big deal.

By apologising, we've confirmed that the sign was indeed intended to say we wished Fergie dead.

Personally i would like to see Tevez leave this summer.

Not because of the banner though. The club should not have apologized for the banner that Tevez held. Tevez himself should not have apologized for the banner he held. Freedom of speech man, why does nobody fucking get it. Unless someone is inciting violence/hatred then we can say what the fuck we want to.

Naaahhh ... good move. That's the end of it now from the City side. It does no harm for the club to apologise and show a bit of class. Tevez aplogised too. End of story. Everyone move on .....

Funny as fcuk though ....

argyle said:
In two minds.

Best to knock it on its head I guess. However when are our PR department gonna grow a set and hit back at the pro-rag media?

They knew full well it was just a little dig at Fergie's 'never in my lifetime' comment, but they made this story into a big deal.

By apologising, we've confirmed that the sign was indeed intended to say we wished Fergie dead.

It was a spare of the moment thing, it's a media beat up. Who gives a toss!

Tevez is a twat, at least it wasn't one of the other players. He will most likely be gone anyways and the club have done the correct thing by apologising, no doubt behind close doors they are having a laugh

Elements of the media are outraged by our success. They have been scrambling since then to run negative stories...

First we had stories on our spending is gonna be reigned in by so called FFP. Then stories about the City fans who left the stadium.

Then we had Radio Five yesterday, who the day after the most exciting finish to a premier league season ever, chose to conduct a phone in concentrating instead on the money we have spent on our team, and whether that makes our victory worthless. They even had an acdemic on throughout the hour, who said our winning was the death of football.

Now we have the wall to wall coverage of this tiny incident. Ok, they can mention it as an aside, but to make it the focus of the story, that is pathetic.

I'm most disappointed in The Guardian, a paper I like and admire in many respects, in regards to City it is begrudging at best.

Had a fantastic night!
Met up with the Blue side of my family at 4.30pm and went in Albert Square, we got a good view near the stage. From there we went over to Chepstow Street where we got a brilliant view as most were up Portland St, then onto Deansgate but literally got squashed so we ended up fighting our way out of the crowds and walked down Cross St and watched them again from opposite M&S.
Didn't get home until 9.15pm.

So glad my nephews and nieces were a part of it, they were buzzing! :-)

argyle said:
nomorethaksintimes said:
City - "The club wishes to express its sincerest apologies to Sir Alex Ferguson and Manchester United for any offence or distress caused."

<a class="postlink" href="http://football.uk.reuters.com/leagues/premiership/news/2012/05/14/AF0063D6-9E17-11E1-A903-020D8033923B.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://football.uk.reuters.com/leagues/ ... 33923B.php</a>

Very good decision imo to knock it on the head early and not start getting caught up on semantics and technicalities related to the 'not in my lifetime quote'. You don't have to look far back at the Suarez issue to see how these things can snowball. It'll be a non-story in a couple of days this way and regardless it just looks better to apologise.

In two minds.

Best to knock it on its head I guess. However when's are our PR department gonna grow a set and hit back at the pro-rag media?

They bastards knew full well it was just a little dig at Fergie's 'never in my lifetime' comment, but they made this story into a big deal.

I was a bit disappointed with City apologising - it was what Ronnie Iran calls "harmless banter" and we know how much he enjoys harmless banter.

City should have told the the rags to go fuck 'emselves and ask them if the Istanbul Reds were offended.

argyle said:
nomorethaksintimes said:

In two minds.

A lot of the fuss is due to the fact that it was Tevez. And whilst all City fans know the background to the banner and the fact that it's a joke, I doubt that Tevez did. I'd be surprised if Tevez remembered, or even knew about, the "never in my lifetime" comment.

I thought Tevez showed a commendable degree of humility and self awareness on Sunday when he kept his distance from the lap of honour.
But it looked to me as if he just couldnt resist the temptation to have a go at Fergie.

The club and most fans have been prepared to enter into a temporary truce with Tevez recently. But I wonder if the club's reaction might be a first sign that that will soon come to an end?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.