The Waiting List

Think Bill is right. 40,000 and 2,000 plus in corporate areas.

There wont be as many seats available in the away end this season due to capped prices for away fans

That was the case last season (the 2,000 "corporate" are actually premium seats) but the MUEN cryptically has talked about record numbers being sold for next season so maybe we've sold 1-2,000 more this time round? I think the club probably is happy to reduce the number of available "match day" seats to encourage more to join the Waiting List ahead of the North Stand expansion.

Last edited:
Think Bill is right. 40,000 and 2,000 plus in corporate areas.

There wont be as many seats available in the away end this season due to capped prices for away fans

I reckon there will be the same number of seats available to any fans lol! I think under league rules we couldn't charge home fans more for tickets in the same stand any way.

I reckon there will be the same number of seats available to any fans lol! I think under league rules we couldn't charge home fans more for tickets in the same stand any way.

Joking aside, Marvin is right, the away followings should be a lot higher at all grounds next season.

Joking aside, Marvin is right, the away followings should be a lot higher at all grounds next season.

Thanks Wilf. I think I misunderstood Marvin's point. Hopefully the away ends will be full. That said, It was interesting though that Swansea limited the cost of away tickets to £20 odd.and couldn't bring a big following. It is a very long way to travel though!

It will help, but probably less than half will bring the 3,000

Liverpool, Utd, Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal, Everton and Burnley. Maybe West Ham and Leicester if they have good seasons.

It isn't worth £30 for he 3rd tier though, no way I would go there if I was an away fan.

Thanks Wilf. I think I misunderstood Marvin's point. Hopefully the away ends will be full. That said, It was interesting though that Swansea limited the cost of away tickets to £20 odd.and couldn't bring a big following. It is a very long way to travel though!
I travel for our home games, and to be honest the ticket price doesn't matter that much to me, as whether it's £30 or £50 that £20 difference isn't a large chunk of our weekend spend on the game. Yes it's a good thing for it to be reduced to £30 but a lot of the less supported teams were only paying £40 ish anyway and I'm not sure teams that were only taking one or two tiers are suddenly going to be taking all 3000 tickets. Especially early or late Sunday games on TV against teams a long distance away.

I travel for our home games, and to be honest the ticket price doesn't matter that much to me, as whether it's £30 or £50 that £20 difference isn't a large chunk of our weekend spend on the game. Yes it's a good thing for it to be reduced to £30 but a lot of the less supported teams were only paying £40 ish anyway and I'm not sure teams that were only taking one or two tiers are suddenly going to be taking all 3000 tickets. Especially early or late Sunday games on TV against teams a long distance away.
Personally I think more will now travel to away games. Taking into account the £20-£30 saving on away games x19
Average saving of £500 over a season or the equivalent of a season ticket.

Personally I think more will now travel to away games. Taking into account the £20-£30 saving on away games x19
Average saving of £500 over a season or the equivalent of a season ticket.
I think there will be more, don't disagree with that, but those going to 19 games would have gone anyway. The increase will come from the fans that weren't going last season maybe £20 will bring a few back but I don't expect every team to suddenly take their full allocation and be selling 3000 tickets when last season they only sold 1000. I may be wrong, I hope I am.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.