The Waldorf (and other pubs) may close

Prestwich_Blue

Stonegate Pub Company, which is best known for owning the Slug & Lettuce chain, is in severe financial trouble and struggling to service its £2.3bn debt. It also owns a number of other pubs around Greater Manchester, including the Waldorf, English Lounge, Oxnoble and the two Yates Wine Lodges. Full list here: Stonegate Gtr Manchester pubs

Of course it's owned by private equity, who have bought the company and loaded it with debt, while no doubt taking out as much as they can.

Stonegate Pub Company, which is best known for owning the Slug & Lettuce chain, is in severe financial trouble and struggling to service its £2.3bn debt. It also owns a number of other pubs around Greater Manchester, including the Waldorf, English Lounge, Oxnoble and the two Yates Wine Lodges. Full list here: Stonegate Gtr Manchester pubs

Of course it's owned by private equity, who have bought the company and loaded it with debt, while no doubt taking out as much as they can.

The Oxnoble is my partner's local but we've only been there once on account of the landlord being a miserable bastard & it being full of Rags.
I'd be seriously tempted to put an offer in for it if it came on the market & turn it into a Blues pub, but retaining the real ales.

The Oxnoble is my partner's local but we've only been there once on account of the landlord being a miserable bastard & it being full of Rags.
I'd be seriously tempted to put an offer in for it if it came on the market & turn it into a Blues pub, but retaining the real ales.
@East Level 2
Were you with me and Dave Wallace in the Oxnoble before the Granada Up Front show in 1990 when Dave was "forecefully" removed?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.