The Wire

Esteban de la Sexface said:
stony said:
I loved The Wire but it's the most overrated show ever, apart from Lost.

**** of a show.

Never seen the Wire

It's worth watching mate, just not as spectacular or as life changing as people are making out.

stony said:
TFC said:
Have never seen it, but all 5 seasons in a box set are going for $130(ish) on Amazon. Might have to take the plunge.

I got mine from here, it takes a few weeks to arrive but the savings are worth it.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bangcd.com/productDetail.aspx?prod_id=8967" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bangcd.com/productDetail.aspx?prod_id=8967</a>

Thats where i got a couple of the series i bought.

Really good value.

I managed to beg, borrow and steal all five series and I loved it. Want to start all over again but I have had to give them back.

Loved seasons 1 and 2 but it really takes off in three. It was amazing when ***** gets shot by **** and *****.

So sad when McNulty dies though.

Mc nulty Died ?

don't remember that

by far the best series ever

don't let the hyperbole put you off nothing comes remotely close to being as good as this

without a dream said:
markbmcfc said:
never paid attention to the wire, whats it about?

The shit parts of Baltimore

and the corruptability of good intentions and innocence and youth,...qnd naked and covert ambition and fear, desperation and oh did I say corruption?

and addiction, you'll love it!

HBO also released a mini series called the corner that was set in Baltimore and very much like the wire.Also great viewing.

scowy68 said:
HBO also released a mini series called the corner that was set in Baltimore and very much like the wire.Also great viewing.

Good shout mate, same writers etc and some role reversals for `The Wire`actors/actresses which was good, concentrates more on the addict/destructive side of things, quite harrowing too.

`The Wire`, well it`s the best progemme I`ve seen but IT DOES take a few episodes to draw you in, so don`t give up after a couple of episodes, you`ll be well rewarded if you give it the chance ;-).

The beauty of it though was that the background and research etc was done by people who`ve `been there, seen it, done it`so it`s as pretty damn close to a real life portrayal as you can get, this clearly shows throughout the series, killing off various star characters was always going to happen to show that it didn`t matter f*ck all what your name or reputation was, you will always be a target.

Great watch imho.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.