The WTF players City bought

Pre Mancini, I would have to say that most of Sven's signings were more 'who the hell' rather than WTF, but out of all of them, Hamann was the one I was least sure of, especially considering we had to pay Bolton a fee for a player they'd just signed on a free! Glad he proved me wrong though.[/quote]

I think you will find that Didi Hamman was signed by Stuart Pearce<br /><br />-- Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:59 pm --<br /><br />
coqteau said:
Arthur Mann!!! £75,000, A full back from Hearts ? Supposed a class act. The only time I ever clapped eyes on him was on News at Ten. He collapsed on the tarmac just prior to boarding a plane. He was totally terrified of flying. Never heard of him after that. Must ve slipped under the radar!!

After leaving City he had a long career , mainly in lower divisions. Unfortunately he died in an industrial accident in 1999

Telford_Blue_Hixxy said:
suprised no one said Lee Mills and Fitzroy Simpson....they ended up at Telford and were poor in the conference also

You know what Lee Mills I thought on a semi-serious note hadn't he been with Bradford when Jewell kept them up and done reasonably well at Premiership/Championship level (probably shite knowing me if you check Wiki), I remember thinking he wouldn't be the worst as it was only a loan deal and I think he got one at Barnsley away although the rest of his stay wasn't the best to put it mildly.

Simpson I agree with though, I was only a kid then really but remember him getting on the scoresheet a few times but I can't remember what his all round game was like to be honest with you.

My blue tinted thoughts on these as we signed them

MCFCDD said:
santa cruz - Weve paid a lot, but we got the money, for a lad who had scored a load of goals in the prem and would undoubtedley do it again
jack rodwell- we later bought garsia and had razak who played well during summer games - bright young future England player that utd were heavily linked to a couple of years back
sinclair - again, bright young pacey replacement for jonno
bridje - England full back and much needed (later proved to be an appalling waste of money given the deal he was on
bojinov - again, had heard about him, looked powerful, and didnt think Sven could do wrong
jo - saw him bag rakes of Youtube goals in Russia, he was Brazilian - its a guaranteed winner
-

one day im driving in van , news comes on radio, presenter says " and in the sports bulletin Manchester City break their transfer record fee"
i nearly crash the van and with sweaty palms i pull over to a safe place ,waiting patiently but with real excitement for the news im thinking jesus who is it? , who is it? who is it? all sorts of names are going through my giddy head . And it was ??????????????

Lee Fukin Bradbury

wtf

macky said:
one day im driving in van , news comes on radio, presenter says " and in the sports bulletin Manchester City break their transfer record fee"
i nearly crash the van and with sweaty palms i pull over to a safe place ,waiting patiently but with real excitement for the news im thinking jesus who is it? , who is it? who is it? all sorts of names are going through my giddy head . And it was ??????????????

Lee Fukin Bradbury

wtf

a goal machine who would power us to the top

This years signings, including Nasty, wasn't broke last year - shouldn't have been fixed!
Fucking criminal - NDJ, AJ,Lescott - sorry , I know which regulars I'd of liked in Blue this year.
I mean we threw the derby away cos of Mancinis fuckin ego

After winning the title and everyone expecting one or two world class players to push us on this season we get Sinclair and Rodwell good candidates for wtf category.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.