The year 2008 the Facts and Figures (Ericsson v Hughes)

chesterguy

For all those stating that Sven should have been kept on and Hughes has made us crap here are our stats for 2008

Jan to May 2008 Sven in charge

P W D L F A GD PTS
18 5 4 9 18 31 -13 19

Aug to Dec 2008 Hughes in charge

P W D L F A GD PTS
20 6 4 10 38 30 +8 22

So for all those with the Sven tinted glasses on it is clear that we were crap before Hughes came and at least we defended worse under Sven and scored less goals. For those who argue that the team had lost the desire remember that these are supposed to be PROFESSIONAL footballers who are playing for the club.

If they dont like the manager or what is going on at the club then the club needs to get rid. It is clear that some on this team have no pride in playing for Man City and it is up to the manager to get rid of those players which I am sure he will because if they arent prepared to put a decent shift in then we have performances like today and the manager will eventually lose his job.

I believe that footballers have too much power and because those in the premiership are financially secure for the rest of their lives after signing just one contract they have no pride in playing for thier club and dont care what the results are. Until football owners/managers are able to redress this imbalance the situation such as we find ourselves in will continue.

Rather than after defeat everyone get on the managers back we should look at those players who have shown that they have no pride in playing for the shirt (Middlesborough) and only play when it suits them or when they feel like playing

Re: The year 2008

You just changed that Won 6 to a 5 didnt you under Sven era! And i had all this post typed out about maths and kids these days, damn you!

back on topic though, i agree, people have blue tinted glasses on in this forum, they EXPECT something from a team, who Sven couldnt manage, yet blame Mark H when he has to play the same players. The two managers are totally different, the only thing the same : the team. FACT.

It isnt the manager who should walk, its half the team.

(and before half of your whine, robinho, SWP, Bridge, ) all didnt play today, only Kompany and Zab who are hughes signings did, and they had bad games fari enough.

In Sven's last 20 games (you may as well compare like for like) he got 22 points also (I believe). So that's the same as MH.

The only thing is MH has the same squad plus £80 million worth of talent. So for our £80 million we have improved not on iota. Yeah, MH is a genius ;-)

Gonna be a tough year this year. We have to play all of the Sky (Big) 4 away from home.

n_mcfc said:
Gonna be a tough year this year. We have to play all of the Sky (Big) 4 away from home.

Im less worried about the big four , im more owrried about the bottom 4!!!!

We seem to put in a decent performance against these so called big four, yet lower teams we dont.

Cheesy said:
In Sven's last 20 games (you may as well compare like for like) he got 22 points also (I believe). So that's the same as MH.

The only thing is MH has the same squad plus £80 million worth of talent. So for our £80 million we have improved not on iota. Yeah, MH is a genius ;-)

£80m plus the emergence of Ireland. I thought Hughes was the right man for the job. I was wrong. With that group of players, I think it would be virtually impossible to have performed worse than 22 league points and first round defeats in the Cups. As for UEFA, we really have only played well at Schalke.

Cheesy said:

The issue is the talent that Mark Hughes bought are the only ones playing the others are dragging the team down. Without Robinho, SWP, Kompany and Zabaleta this team would be adrift in my opinion. I dont believe that Jo was a MH signing.

It is clear that there are many other players at the club at the moment who Hughes does not rate and they are probably aware of this and so rather than be professional and continue to give 100% they have spat their proverbial dummies out and couldn't give a toss. He cant get rid of all of those players as he wouldnt have a squad or he would have to buy 10/12 players hence my belief that it will take 2 transfers windows to enable him to buy a full squad of committed players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.