"There is a lot of evidence decisions go in Uniteds favour"

I dont understand that site is it saying this year we have benefitd from ref decisions and they haven't. My own reckoning is it should be about a 14 point swing when you think we lost 2 poins agnst stoke, no pen against arse. the rags were looked after in the lverpool and chelsea games etc.

Re: "There is a lot of evidence decisions go in Uniteds favour"

Big Swifty said:
What are the odds against (or on) an Arsenal player being sent off today?

They don't need any favours in this game Arsenal will get smashed

Any road, I'm wearing my United sweater today - the one with great gaping holes at the back.............

BOOOOOOM oh shurrup

Rewind 6 months to the Ashley Young diving spree - it rebounded on Utd and the penalties stopped. We may see a similar effect now.

Marvin said:
Rewind 6 months to the Ashley Young diving spree - it rebounded on Utd and the penalties stopped. We may see a similar effect now.
Fingers crossed mate

Di Matteo pointedly said he would "leave that up to you to judge", when he was asked whether it was fair for a manager of Ferguson's standing to use his influence via public comments and it seemed as though there was plenty that he might have liked to say.

Only a small section but going from that alone it appears there's a general concensus that Bacon DOES indeed whield some sort of authority and influence over these matters and it's not just City (and other) fans who think it.

In any case, if he wasn't there he shouldn't have given any opinion on it.

Dirty Harry said:
Di Matteo pointedly said he would "leave that up to you to judge", when he was asked whether it was fair for a manager of Ferguson's standing to use his influence via public comments and it seemed as though there was plenty that he might have liked to say.

Only a small section but going from that alone it appears there's a general concensus that Bacon DOES indeed whield some sort of authority and influence over these matters and it's not just City (and other) fans who think it.

In any case, if he wasn't there he shouldn't have given any opinion on it.
Especially as any comments are prejudicial to an ongoing FA and police enquiry.

Re: "There is a lot of evidence decisions go in Uniteds favour"

Wenger moaning about the referee having a stinker in there end to there unbeaten run notice the ref was mike Reilly

Criticism

Riley was accused of major refereeing errors in an Arsenal–Manchester United game in 2004, including a controversial penalty when Wayne Rooney went down under a clumsy tackle from Sol Campbell with replays showing a little contact had been made. The match, which ended Arsenal's long running unbeaten run at the time, led to immense criticism from Arsenal fans, including an article in the Daily Mail paper using the headline "The Life of Riley".

And this says everything he chooses the refs BaconChops area licker..

Professional Game Match Officials Board
The Professional Game Match Officials Board (PGMOB), and since made a Limited Liability Company (PGMOL, or Professional Game Match Officials Limited), was formed when English association football referees turned professional in 2001, specifically to provide match officials for all games played in the Premier League in England. The Board consists of the three governing bodies' Chief Executives and Referees Managers in addition to The FA's Head of Refereeing. The organisation is headed by Mike Riley.

The board are tasked with the responsibility of developing excellence in officiating in the English game at the professional level. The General Manager and his team of managers and coaches is responsible for the training, development and monitoring of referees.

Mike Riley also decides which referees will officiate at Premier League matches while David Allison decides Football League matches and consults with the Football Association over the FA Cup.

The PGMOB replaced the referees' National Review Board. Former FIFA referee Roger Milford commented at the time: "I am sure this will mean more consistency from the officials on points of law which cause controversy."

Riley was one the Utd all time favourates. Webb x 10 he was for them. Think i remember reading that in 14 games he was ref at Old Trafford he awarded 10 penalties to Utd and 1 against.

And who is the referee's boss. Yep Its Riley

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.