There is only one first ever champions league home game

Skashion said:
I wonder how many members we have on here who were at Maine Road against Fenerbahce in the European Cup.

I was there in the scoreboard end, seem to recall Buzzer took a lot of stick from the fans for missing a few sitters.

Bilboblue said:
citygal1 said:
Bilboblue said:
Poor planning.

That date was ALWAYS going to be the first CL game.

No sympathy.

i know, booked before we qualified and wen i realised i prayed we wud at least be away for the first game, first champs league game at eastlands and i wont be there. wanna cry!

;o)

Hope you noticed my wink :p

I was joking citygal hope ya have a cracking holiday to partly make up for it!

yeah seen it, just thought i would explain myself anyway. :O) a win will do, to be fair apart from being at the game, i reckon in a bar with free flowing alcohol is the 2nd best way to watch
-- Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:18 pm --

jjeangi said:
Strongly considering booking a flight back to England.

DO IT.

Skashion said:
I wonder how many members we have on here who were at Maine Road against Fenerbahce in the European Cup.

I too was there at the tender age of 20 so I saw half our games, the next season I did better home and away for ECWC I only missed the final and Schalke away game ... The home game was just brilliant against Schalke

Hope everybody enjoys our first 6 games in UCL and then the draw for the knockout round

Cheers

---
I am here: <a class="postlink" href="http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.492136,-2.758662" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.492136,-2.758662</a>

I'm there. Wish I wasn't the black sheep of the family, meaning the only blue, or I'd force the lot of them to join me.

Skashion said:

I was there... the Kippax was in great form. Big European night, under floodlights, fantastic atmosphere.... you can't get enough of them !!!!

jimharri said:
gingerthai said:
jimharri said:
Afraid not. 2 days off work, plus flights, plus accommodation for the wednesday night, plus ticket, plus spends equals no can do unfortunately. Watching it on the telly that night.

:-(

Its a pitty you cant make it. Hopefully you can get across for one of the other two.
Not midweek games unfortunately. Two days loss of pay seals it. Will try to get over for the occasional saturday game.
final's on a saturday, how about that

Skashion said:

I for one was there very cold night we thought we were going to murder them,Thanks to Mr Allison,

Skashion said:

Me

Remember the night and the result, it was traumatic after Malcolm had built us all up. We threw everything including the kitchen sink at them but were unable to break them down at home. We just could not get our heads round a team intent on not conceding a goal. That said it paved the way to us winning the European Cup Winners Cup the following season and remind everyone who will listen
We won a European trophy before Liverpool !

Do not think our European assault this season will be so tactically inept, fancy a semi final place this season realistically but the year after ...... BOOM.... we will slaughter anyone who stands against us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.