There MUST be something we can do!

Yes the referee was his usual dodgy self but he didn't decide the result, we were fucking shit again, snails pace tippy tappy football with no end product.

67% possesion and Tim Howard didn't have one save to make in 90 minutes, that's not the referee, that is the result of another abject performance by the entire team with the exception of the back 4 and Milner, even at 1-0 up with 10 minutes to go, Everton still looked the most likely to score.

We are rapidly becoming the new arsenal, completely clueless against any team that decides to defend deep and counter.

When common sense tells you that if a team is packing their area with 5-6 defenders you should be stretching the game by using the wide areas to put in crosses, Mancini brings on Kolarov and Johnson I assume to do exactly that and what happens? we continue to play pointless one twos on the edge of the area in the hope we can run it in through a totally overcrowded area.

Enough of this agenda bollocks, the sky isn't falling but we have been consistantly shite for months now, completely one dimensional and lacking in ideas beyond pointless sideways passes and pretty flicks that go nowhere.

Its not all bad, we are top of the league but we are doing our best to throw it away and unless big changes are made to our formation and mentality we will continue to struggle against any team that isn't prepared to try and out attack us, which is 17 of the 19 teams we play week in, week out.

Decisions didn't cost them the game tonight, playing poorly and not looking like scoring is the problem. A complete lack of invention or pace going forward.

You know how people make those youtube compilations of someone's contributions to a single game - all their touches, passes, tackles, etc. - ?

someone do Walton tonight.

Magicpants said:
Yes the referee was his usual dodgy self but he didn't decide the result, we were fucking shit again, snails pace tippy tappy football with no end product.

67% possesion and Tim Howard didn't have one save to make in 90 minutes, that's not the referee, that is the result of another abject performance by the entire team with the exception of the back 4 and Milner, even at 1-0 up with 10 minutes to go, Everton still looked the most likely to score.

We are rapidly becoming the new arsenal, completely clueless against any team that decides to defend deep and counter.

When common sense tells you that if a team is packing their area with 5-6 defenders you should be stretching the game by using the wide areas to put in crosses, Mancini brings on Kolarov and Johnson I assume to do exactly that and what happens? we continue to play pointless one twos on the edge of the area in the hope we can run it in through a totally overcrowded area.

Enough of this agenda bollocks, the sky isn't falling but we have been consistantly shite for months now, completely one dimensional and lacking in ideas beyond pointless sideways passes and pretty flicks that go nowhere.

Its not all bad, we are top of the league but we are doing our best to throw it away and unless big changes are made to our formation and mentality we will continue to struggle against any team that isn't prepared to try and out attack us, which is 17 of the 19 teams we play week in, week out.

bang on

Another reason I turned it off was listening to the statistical inanity that is Martin Tyler's commentary.

"Everton have won 7 of the last 9 here against City" he managed to tell us on at least 10 occasions. On one occasion he even managed to throw in "...the have history on their side, if not the resources..." - is that not a dig and somewhat unprofessional?

Reading that back, it possibly looks petty, but it's yet another example of the little things making a bigger picture and turning me off football.

Like I've said, I've really had enough and I'm not sure I can be arsed anymore. Probably feel different in the morning but this feeling is becoming stronger and stronger with each passing game.

And I agree it's affecting the players too. They clearly don't know which way things will fall if they make a tackle.

Enough already.

strongbowholic said:
Another reason I turned it off was listening to the statistical inanity that is Martin Tyler's commentary.

"Everton have won 7 of the last 9 here against City" he managed to tell us on at least 10 occasions. On one occasion he even managed to throw in "...the have history on their side, if not the resources..." - is that not a dig and somewhat unprofessional?

Reading that back, it possibly looks petty, but it's yet another example of the little things making a bigger picture and turning me off football.

Like I've said, I've really had enough and I'm not sure I can be arsed anymore. Probably feel different in the morning but this feeling is becoming stronger and stronger with each passing game.

And I agree it's affecting the players too. They clearly don't know which way things will fall if they make a tackle.

Enough already.

He assumes that everyone else is a rag too. He is truly puke making.

3 clear penalties in my opinion, one of which was given as a free kick against Lescott! Drenthe should have been sent off and Kompany should never have had a yellow card. I feel disgusted by refs yet again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.