There's been a lot of atmosphere threads..........

Blue-Eyes

...... may I throw in a potential solution?

Without going over old ground I think we're all agree that we learned a thing or two on Thursday night from our friends from Poznan.

There has been a lot of talk about improving the atmosphere which judging by the common consensus, needs improving.

There’s a very simple way to do it. Simple, yet potentially controversial.

In the summer , the club made the decision to turn The North Stand into a Family Stand. Initially there were the moaners stating that “we’ve sat here for years, why should we move?” argument. Fair enough, to a certain point I agree. However, of those people who initially had a problem with it, I’m sure there is a decent percentage of them who now understand that it’s better for the club to have a family friendly area for the youngsters and future blues to enjoy the game in a fun and safe environment.

The club could (and in my opinion should) make a similar decision to assist in making the ground more vocal – something I’m certain that the mass majority of fans and players want.
In Lehman’s terms – the club has to do this, we as fans can’t.

So here’s the plan:
This summer the club send out the renewal letters, stating that they encourage the East Stand Lower to be “more vocal” (up to the half way line, otherwise it would defeat the object of having a Family Stand). Fans in blocks 108, 107 and 106 will be advised that that means more singing, standing and, dare I say, industrial language.

I’m sure this will trigger the same “we’ve sat here for years” argument from some. Fine. There is no obligation to move, however, they will be aware that when they renew, they are agreeing to the terms and conditions and the fact that there will be more singing, standing and industrial language.

To clarify, I’m not saying that people in 108/7/6 should be made to move. I’m suggesting that they should be encouraged to sing and back the team. If they are not prepared to do so, they should take the opportunity to relocate to the Colin Bell or Level 2 and 3 of the East Stand.

Any thoughts?

We should all stand and sing all the time. they can't make 47,000 sit down :)

Also lower beer prices ad serve it quicker - people will drink more and lets face it people sing more when they have had a few.

I also think the whole of the south stand should be home support with the corner (sorry 110 109 etc..) being away fans. A whole end stood together, singing together, drinking together!

I went to Liverpool at home last feb and due to getting tickets at last min ended up in CB L3. It was awful, and to top it off some women brought a baby...... family stand??

I agree that we do need to get everyone who wants to stand and sing together in one place, not everyone wants to stand or sing so they should sit together - everyone wins!

Nothing worse than having someone tutting behind you every time you jump up... and if you dare stand for a prolonged period of time...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.