'These bad boys'

sweynforkbeard said:
Why is this phrase appearing in so many adverts? - BT, Go Compare, now Santander. Where has it come from? It sounds so infantile and grates in the extreme - I immediately assume that whoever utters this woeful expression is a simpering simpleton and adjust the way I am speaking to them. I speak very slowly and with great clarity of pronunciation using words of only one or two syllables in short sentences. Exactly, in fact, the way I speak to the cat who can now associate five or six phrases with meaningful things in her life. Does anyone else find, 'bad boys,' or any other, 'trendy,' sayings as annoying?

I have a particular gripe with the continual use of 'I am' followed by the brand in adverts. Always accompanied by some happy-but-deep swell of music which invokes a feel of community, solidity, spirituality.

"I am Nikon" they solemnly declare. Or "I am windows 7" or "I am Orange".

No you're not. You're a voiceover man trying to sell some off-the-shelf consumer product as though its some kind of lifestyle choice. Like its the key of life.

And don't get me started on clowns who start sentences with the word "so". These Americanised imbeciles should be sent to The Tower for treason. They spit in the face of everyone who made this country great.

Not on my watch, such an American saying, used by their politicians and now as Osborne seems to think its great, just fuck off, it was first coined by their secret service people who actually do something purposeful not some chinless wonder.

It wasn’t even moderately funny when I first heard the saying years ago and the saying has been made even worse by appearing in adverts. Always reminds me of the fat woman in the office who ironically tries to talk ‘street’.

Didsbury Dave said:
sweynforkbeard said:
Why is this phrase appearing in so many adverts? - BT, Go Compare, now Santander. Where has it come from? It sounds so infantile and grates in the extreme - I immediately assume that whoever utters this woeful expression is a simpering simpleton and adjust the way I am speaking to them. I speak very slowly and with great clarity of pronunciation using words of only one or two syllables in short sentences. Exactly, in fact, the way I speak to the cat who can now associate five or six phrases with meaningful things in her life. Does anyone else find, 'bad boys,' or any other, 'trendy,' sayings as annoying?

I have a particular gripe with the continual use of 'I am' followed by the brand in adverts. Always accompanied by some happy-but-deep swell of music which invokes a feel of community, solidity, spirituality.

No you're not. You're a voiceover man trying to sell some off-the-shelf consumer product as though its some kind of lifestyle choice. Like its the key of life.

And don't get me started on clowns who start sentences with the word "so". These Americanised imbeciles should be sent to The Tower for treason. They spit in the face of everyone who made this country great.

Your words ring in my soul with a deep resonance. Yet there is a time and place for the words, 'I am Forkbeard,' and it often is the area outside the MU megastore as I tower over a cringing, wailing rabble of a selection of inhabitants of Kingston on Thames and Singapore as they clutch their David Moyes tea towels.

sweynforkbeard said:
Didsbury Dave said:
sweynforkbeard said:

Your words ring in my soul with a deep resonance. Yet there is a time and place for the words, 'I am Forkbeard,' and it often is the area outside the MU megastore as I tower over a cringing, wailing rabble of a selection of inhabitants of Kingston on Thames and Singapore as they clutch their David Moyes tea towels.
I'm so Forkbeard, I don't even know it.

sweynforkbeard said:
Didsbury Dave said:
sweynforkbeard said:

And they are heard to mutter the words "Oh no, not That Bad Boy".....

strongbowholic said:
sweynforkbeard said:
Didsbury Dave said:

I'm so Forkbeard, I don't even know it.
Weirdly, "I am Strongbow" works quite well. The advertising execs should consider it.

You could have "smack my woman up" as the theme tune and show a bloke lying in a gutter with pissstained trousers and his face in a kebab.

BOMBER7967 said:
sweynforkbeard said:
Didsbury Dave said:

And they are heard to mutter the words "Oh no, not That Bad Boy".....

That would be a serious error. I never visit Stretford without my mobile kippering unit in tow.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.