They really are getting worried now.....worth a quick read..

Bilboblue

Someone on sadcafe started a thread entitled: Hate to say this but Shitty's squad may not be so shitty afterall.
His first comment and some replies:

Strikers: Tevez, Santa Cruz, Bellamy, Bonjinov, Adebayor.

Centre Midfielders: Elano, Barry, De Jong, Kompany, Ireland, Johnson,

Wingers: Wright Phillips, Petrov, Robinho,

Defenders: Dunne, Richards, Zabaleta, Bridge, Onuhua, Garrido, Ben Haim.

GK: Given, Taylor, Hart, Schmeichal.

Thing is, this time realistically, two or three signings may make them break into the top four. All they need now is a winger and two defenders and they will actually be a very good side

I think that's a stronger squad than Liverpools. Without doubt. But they'll finish lower.

It depends if they land Terry or not.

Richards----Terry----Dunne----Bridge is an extremely strong back four. Especially considering that Given is in goal behind them and Barry will be playing just in front.

With Terry (or at least another top CD) it'll certainly be stronger than Arsenal's, and probably stronger than Liverpool's

Shittys first team is improving tremendously. Their squad still has a few problems in it though.

I also enjoy the thought of Hughes trying to fit Tevez, Adebayor and Robinho in the same side. Tevez right wing will hopefully frustrate everyone

That is a strong squad they are building there but it is still unbalanced. The attack has too many good players while the defensive side is average. If they sort that out then a place in the top 4 is not beyond them this season. If Mark Hughes can manage the egos and develop a team spirit then anything is possible

They are really annoying me. However I'm lying to myself If I say it's purely because of the amount of money they are throwing around. It's also because they are building a decent team, however I still think they don't deserve these players. All they did was sit there being a shit, mediocre team and got taken over by a mental Sheik.

I don't understand why so many are so quick to write off a top 4 finish for them, I think Arsenal are in big trouble this year

If they indeed sign Terry they would have a very good team and their squad depth is - without a doubt - excellent.

Adebayor
Ireland - Tevez - Robinho
Barry - De Jong
Bridge - Terry - Kompany - Onuoha
Given

They're not even in Europe, so you have to admit they've bought a decent bunch of players. A question mark remains over how fast they can become a team and challenge for a top four spot.

"That is a strong squad they are building there but it is still unbalanced. The attack has too many good players while the defensive side is average. If they sort that out then a place in the top 4 is not beyond them this season. If Mark Hughes can manage the egos and develop a team spirit then anything is possible"

this line makes me chuckle :))

Some decent posters on that site,as on here youll get the people with red/blue bias but theres a fair few wholl talk sense.

Cant say the same about anyting yoonited related on here :-)

hahaha

read this topic

When will a billionaire buy Manchester United?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...and pay off all of our debt? Or are you happy with the way things are currently run?

I sure am happy that Sir Alex still makes all the decisions regarding team selections and who he buys and we still sign "big named" players for the Muppet "supporters" every season, I just wonder how long the Glazers will stick with United?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.