THFC6061

THFC6061 said:
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
But he supports a team which is awarded an average rating of 6.1 in The Times today, compared to Real's players who only averaged 5.6. Bet if MANUre nick the semi by 1-0 we won't get a better player average rating than The Rags.!

For those who dismiss the 'paranoia' line yet more evidence that the hacks are weepin' in their cornflakes this morning.

To be fair, Spurs played the better football last night and had more goal attempts, both on and off target, than Real Madrid had.

That said, a basic goalkeeping error lost us the game unfortunately.

'Twas as funny as the Wigan goalie for Silva's goal. Are yer listening Joe Hart!

THFC6061 said:
To be fair, Spurs played the better football last night and had more goal attempts, both on and off target, than Real Madrid had.

Could that be because Real Madrid, cruising already at 4-0 up, and only having to deal with Average Pav and an off the pace VDV up top, never got out of 1st gear....?

No, it must be because Spurs are amazing and let's all have a wank over them.

quiet_riot said:
THFC6061 said:

Could that be because Real Madrid, cruising already at 4-0 up, and only having to deal with Average Pav and an off the pace VDV up top, never got out of 1st gear....?

No, it must be because Spurs are amazing and let's all have a wank over them.

and playing thursday night football next season if the dippers dont catch them

THFC6061 said:
But he supports a team which is awarded an average rating of 6.1 in The Times today, compared to Real's players who only averaged 5.6. Bet if MANUre nick the semi by 1-0 we won't get a better player average rating than The Rags.!

For those who dismiss the 'paranoia' line yet more evidence that the hacks are weepin' in their cornflakes this morning.

That said, a basic goalkeeping error lost us the game unfortunately.

some more facts....

Possession...RM 52% Spuds 48%
Goals...RM 1 Spuds 0

on your own shitheap...well played

pride in battle said:

I knew the score was 0-0 at half time,I did not see the second half but tuned into the radio after the game(talksport) anyway they were saying how well the spuds had done,proud of them etc etc,so I was fully expecting they had won,2 nil I thought by the comments,guess what.... They LOST!! I could not believe it! Media all over them,when it's us they would have said....city destroyed over 2 legs,found their level etc etc... It's a joke to be honest.

You don't think the English media would slurp any team not in the "traditional" top 4 (Liverpool, United, Chelsea, Arsenal) that does well in the Champions League? I remember Leeds getting the same attention before they were knocked out by Valencia, so to me it's just how well they think it reflects on the Premier League that gives the media a Spurs woody, although the one thing I could do less with is the Harry Redknapp woody. O.k manager, not Jesus.

Crikey, Spurs played the better football?

Not for me. Real played lovely short stuff in midfield and Tottenham couldn't keep up. When Spurs tried to do the same, Real took the ball off them easily and played it out with poise and confidence. Tottenham are very exciting because of the pace of the wingers but it's not my idea of 'better football'.

Saw in 'the sun' today that Gomes had a rating of 5, yet most of the Madrid team were only rated 5. It really is laughable.

Poor owld 'arry. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.

DESTROYED! over 2 legs.

Wednesday night was like a training game for Real. Their players didn't even break into a sweat. The desperation showed in the first 5 minutes when Bale dived for a pen. I half expected Ronaldo to start clapping it was that good. The SPUDS finally found their level. After the group stages they only managed ONE goal in 4 games, which simply isnt good enough. Loved the crowds faces whem Gomes let that slip through his faces......As if they had a chance anyway...Goodbye arry, Do not pass GO, Do not collect £200 (unless wrapped in a brown envelope) and start planning on how to stop all your decent players jumping ship when Liverpool pip you to 5th.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.