Thiago Alcantara

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thiago is clearly an excellent player but he didn’t put up much resistance when Liverpool won 3-1 in Munich last season and I don’t think he alone would fix everything for us either.

In that game he was alongside the glacial Javi Martinez and playing behind Gnabry, James Rodriguez and Ribery. Compare that lot’s pressing ability to Goretzka, Gnabry, Müller and Coman and you’ll see what the difference is.

No player alone can make it - especially when system and players do not match (together). As we have seen not even a Messi can do that. Bayern are no team that can play defending deep - that is what Kovac tried in that match.

Kovac and Bayern were a total mismatch. Asked in October last season in a press conference if the Bayern team could press like Liverpool he answered that you cannot go 200 km/h with a car that has a top velocity of 100 km/h... - Bayern's pressing data after him was better than Liverpools... We do not need to talk how he treated Müller who being put in place again and trusted was the one that figuratively shouted this team to 3 titles.

Thiago is a world class player when he can play out his strengths. And he combines passing, individual moves and defensive contribution in a way I do not find any other player in the world can right now. In an ideal system he can play a good 6 - but needs a partner with defensive qualities. He can play very offensive - but needs a partner that is more offensive and can go into the box.

He wants to do something different - or maybe it is that his wife wants to move because a lot of her friends live in the Greater Manchester Area now (A return to Barcelona does not seem to be an option).

That is why Bayern let's him go - in difference to Alaba who just seems to want to get a better deal - but for sure wants to have an acceptable fee for him.

Don’t think we are looking for a midfielder so doesn’t matter how good he is. If we were though would prefer Aouar myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.