Thiago Alcantara

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this the same Gundogan that played at the base of our midfield when we won 14 games in a row to seal the title ?

difference then is we had Vinny and Laporte mopping up everything so ilkay was able to control our tempo and recycle possession

we will see the same next season if we get our centre back pairing right , Rodri will be the beneficiary then or Gundogan again if he has to deputise

Everytime people defend Gundogan, they use this one period of time, failing to include that our worst patch of that season was also when he was playing.

He wasn't that influential, and that's probably been his only decent patch in four seasons at the club. He's not good enough for our team in any position.

Bernardo, Foden, and KDB are different players who play different positions. They are quality, but shouldn't be compared to Thiago, or Rodri and Gundogan.

Thiago is vastly superior to Rodri at his current level and Gundogan. I had high hopes for Rodri but he's struggling with the pace and mobility required for the role, and Gundogan just flat out sucks. He's a player who's not particularly good at any facet of the game and I'm bewildered as to how a certain sect of fans still argue to the contrary.
Thiago is a faster version of henderson. Side to side, rarely moves out of position, technically very good but he isn't a player to unlock the door, he'll just shield the back four which might need more than a shield if the Leeds game is anything to go by.

I doubt Bayern Munich will fall apart without him.
They will definitely miss his presence. Doubt Goretzka and Kimmich can match his distribution and ball retention ability, even if they're better ball winners.

They will definitely miss his presence. Doubt Goretzka and Kimmich can match his distribution and ball retention ability, even if they're better ball winners.

Tolisso? They aren't short in that position an would use Thiago's cash and wages for more urgent areas.

Everytime people defend Gundogan, they use this one period of time, failing to include that our worst patch of that season was also when he was playing.

He wasn't that influential, and that's probably been his only decent patch in four seasons at the club. He's not good enough for our team in any position.
I can assure you he annoys a lot of people including me in certain games. But your argument is some footy twitter fan tier mate. You cannot just replace a player with a world class option just like that, several things have to be considered. Gündogan is definitely more than good enough for this squad, not the best, will probably rarely standout, but does the job more times than not. It's simple, he's a useful squad player.

Very disappointed for us over this one. He will help them massively and makes them favourites.

Keita was a player they signed of similar nature who is a bit more box to box, yes, but technically and attacking wise of similar levels (Kieta better scoring) when on and what he did in Germany.

They have been waiting for this in their midfield and with Thiago who I don't think will struggle to adapt at all, that will give them better passes from deep and retention under pressure.

Bit out of favour for now. He had an unfortunate ACL injury and has been in and out of the team a fair bit aside that. Fairly certain there were reports Bayern are happy to move him on this window if a good offer comes in. But seeing as Thiago has denied a renewal and left he could find life there again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.