Thiago Alcantara

Status
Not open for further replies.
He will look great in your side.
That's where we are lacking in big CL games. Imagine a midfield 3 of Thiago, Bernardo and De Bruyne. That's a world class midfield. Games are won and lost in the middle of the park.

I’d be quite happy for Liverpool to replace Wijnaldum with Thiago. There’s no doubting Thiago is the infinitely superior player but I don’t think he’s a better fit. Their game relies on having 3 midfield cloggers, they take one out for a cultured player and they instantly become more vulnerable without gaining much in return as all Thiago will be tasked with doing when on the ball is supplying the fullbacks with balls to cross into the box

That's where we are lacking in big CL games. Imagine a midfield 3 of Thiago, Bernardo and De Bruyne. That's a world class midfield. Games are won and lost in the middle of the park.

There’s still the same deficiencies in that midfield as there would be replacing Thiago with Gundogan, namely a lack of pace and defensive protection.

I’d be quite happy for Liverpool to replace Wijnaldum with Thiago. There’s no doubting Thiago is the infinitely superior player but I don’t think he’s a better fit. Their game relies on having 3 midfield cloggers, they take one out for a cultured player and they instantly become more vulnerable without gaining much in return as all Thiago will be tasked with doing when on the ball is supplying the fullbacks with balls to cross into the box

There’s still the same deficiencies in that midfield as there would be replacing Thiago with Gundogan, namely a lack of pace and defensive protection.

Think you slightly underrate Thiago defensively
th.jpg

You're over analysing this completely and trying to be overly clever for your own good. If you have the ball you don't need to chase it. The ball is with you, you're popping balls left and right and tiring an opposition down. Let the ball do the work, Bayern Munich are the perfect example.

Thiago is a superb fit for anyone, even Liverpool. A world class Midfielder is going to improve any team.

I would be absolutely gutted if we signed this ****.

It's a total Pellegrini move for a cheapskate club.

We might as well get Gareth Bale while we're at it. And Suarez.
Clueless. And you're saying we should go for Denis Zakaria who will never ever be the same class as Thiago?

Baffling.

We are trying to win the Champions League, not target a top 6 finish.

Clueless. And you're saying we should go for Denis Zakaria?

Baffling.

Clue: Thiago is on the downside of his career, plays in a high energy team which covers for him, has a record of injuries & would be ANOTHER player similar to the ones we already have for the position, except they are already PL players & he isn't.

It would be a pathetic, unimaginative, short term patchup job, taking a squad place from s younger player & the exact thing Pellegrini would do, if allowed, then fuck off & leave us with the shell, whilst other teams get younger & fitter.

Fucking dreadful idea.

You're over analysing this completely and trying to be overly clever for your own good. If you have the ball you don't need to chase it. The ball is with you, you're popping balls left and right and tiring an opposition down. Let the ball do the work, Bayern Munich are the perfect example.

Thiago is a superb fit for anyone, even Liverpool. A world class Midfielder is going to improve any team.

Liverpool don't have a player like that, in their squad & are full of athletes.

He would give them something different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.