Thiago Alcantara

Status
Not open for further replies.
He will help them alot when a game is tight.
We have to hope that given they rely on a clogger midfield 3 to enable their fullbacks to spam crosses that he leaves them more vulnerable to counters

Put money on him winning POTY, regardless of whether he deserves it or not. Sky et al. will pipe him off every other minute of the game

Fernandinho at 35 is still far more mobile than Rodri or Gundogan.

Age shouldn't come into this.
Problem is that his game requires him to be a lot faster than the two boys. He might have one last run left in him and I suppose their is only one way to find that out.

Fernandinho at 35 is still far more mobile than Rodri or Gundogan.

Age shouldn't come into this.

It shouldn't, and neither should legs. If the guy has a brain, which the likes of Silva, Bernarbia, and Dave Ewing had in abundance, then someone else can do the running for them. My ERO, watching EFC turn Haringay over and was delighted when Doucoure ran back, got a foot on the ball in a counter and averted another 87 min Spurs effort. We never had that last season, he told me! There must be someone in the starting eleven fleet of foot. Better to have half a dozen! I hear the young lad Torres can shift a bit!

Very shrewd signing and exactly what we could have done with considering how bad our defensive midfield (or whatever you wanna call it) options are now, but we'd be losing a lot of face having to sign a Rodri replacement a year after spunking 65 million on him. As it stands, can't see us coming close to them this season bar a major turn up for the books.

Very shrewd signing and exactly what we could have done with considering how bad our defensive midfield (or whatever you wanna call it) options are now, but we'd be losing a lot of face having to sign a Rodri replacement a year after spunking 65 million on him. As it stands, can't see us coming close to them this season bar a major turn up for the books.

I'm pretty happy with our DM options. Rodri is an excellent player who will be better this season IMO. Gundogan is very capable there.

I think too many are looking for a direct Fernandinho replacement when it seems clear that the manager generally wants a different type of player in that role. If we want/need that on occasion, then Ake said he might be expected to play there at times.

I'm pretty happy with our DM options. Rodri is an excellent player who will be better this season IMO. Gundogan is very capable there.

I think too many are looking for a direct Fernandinho replacement when it seems clear that the manager generally wants a different type of player in that role. If we want/need that on occasion, then Ake said he might be expected to play there at times.

LOL at Gundogan the very capable DM option

Much prefer Thiago to Rodri who is bang average

I think Rodri is much better than bang average, it’s not easy to play DM under Pep.
It takes time for a player to adapt into a new system and time for the system to adapt to the player.
He’ll make tweaks to his game and Pep’ll make tweaks to how we set up and he’ll look better again this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.