Thiago Alcantara

Status
Not open for further replies.
First his fee was 30 million,then 27 and l think it was the Star that had him at £20 million.

At this rate he will be a free transfer by the time he kicks a ball.
Meanwhile Torres transfer fee is expected to continue to rise especially when City play on TV where fees have been known to rise during the course of a match.

I think Rodri is much better than bang average, it’s not easy to play DM under Pep.
It takes time for a player to adapt into a new system and time for the system to adapt to the player.
He’ll make tweaks to his game and Pep’ll make tweaks to how we set up and he’ll look better again this season.

Hope you're right pal. But you can't teach pace and I don't think he reads the game well. He's also technically average.

Hope you're right pal. But you can't teach pace and I don't think he reads the game well. He's also technically average.

I think the difficulties he had were settling into a new system and the fact he got less support in his DM role than Ferna used to get.
Zinch or Delph used to often tuck in on the left if Ferna but Mendy & Cancelo push.
I hope that Pep tweaks the system and that he ups his game with the benefit of a PL season under his belt.

I hope I’m right too!

I'm pretty happy with our DM options. Rodri is an excellent player who will be better this season IMO. Gundogan is very capable there.

I think too many are looking for a direct Fernandinho replacement when it seems clear that the manager generally wants a different type of player in that role. If we want/need that on occasion, then Ake said he might be expected to play there at times.
We need players with energy and pace next to him though, he's getting overrun especially if he has gundogan next to him

Be interesting to see how the scouse want to use him. Klopp reckons they are evolving as a team. Can't see both Alcantara and Fabinho in the same side so they lose something somewhere. There's a potential for an overall negative effect in attempting to change their current methods of play so it's a partial risky strategy. Let's hope that happens and we can be better than last year. Their back 4 looked ropey last week to say the least when pressured by Leeds let's hope that continues as well and their 14 wins by 1 goal will be a lot less. Unless VAR intervenes of course.

First his fee was 30 million,then 27 and l think it was the Star that had him at £20 million.

At this rate he will be a free transfer by the time he kicks a ball.
Meanwhile Torres transfer fee is expected to continue to rise especially when City play on TV where fees have been known to rise during the course of a match.

I doubt he will be a free transfer as you say. By then, he will have been born within sight of the Liver Building, walked barefoot to the ground and was then coached by the scouse academy. He will play for £200 a week and donate that to charity.

I doubt he will be a free transfer as you say. By then, he will have been born within sight of the Liver Building, walked barefoot to the ground and was then coached by the scouse academy. He will play for £200 a week and donate that to charity.
There is no end to what he can achieve with the Delusional Dreamers of Dipperland.
He could even stand as Mayor to displace the Everton supporter who spoke out against the dipper as they celebrated and this morning was on BBC as the only person in Merseyside treating COVID seriously.

LOL at Gundogan the very capable DM option

He is indeed and has been so for us. If he has some legs around him, he can do all the Guardiola wants from that position, as can Rodri. The 2 of them together doesn't work but one of them with kDB, Bernardo or Foden would be just fine.

Whilst Thiago improves them, I certainly am not prepared to throw in the towel yet. The Dippers defence looked leaky against Leeds and I can see more teams exposing their back line this season. Obviously we need another cb in asap and there are concerns with Rodri's mobility but now is the time for City to step up.

Not seen his wages mentioned anywhere, but with that low fee I'd imagine he's on 300k+ There are rumours of Alaba asking for 400k, so thiago I'm sure would want similar. I assume Liverpool are telling the journos to keep hush hush on the wage front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.