Thick Football Decisions

rickmcfc said:
All season I've been thinking this. Does anyone else think that as a team we are pretty thick? Last seconds of injury time in the first half, and we play a short corner and the referee then blows up. Just put the ball into the fucking box!

It happens every single game. Just stupid editions that seem to cost us.
There was no excuse for that tonight. They'd seen the board go up so knew there were only seconds left. Un-fucking-believable.

But we do it so many times. In the last few minutes of games that we're drawing or losing we piss about with the ball at the back. There was another one in the second half where we had a free kick about 35-40 yards out on the right. Everyone goes up to the Bayern area then Nasri (I think) plays it square. Just completely brainless.

Joe Hart has the ball and there's a good ball on to Navas on the right. Just put it in the right place beyond the Bayern full back and he has a chance of getting it. But he hoofs it to the left, to no one in particular.

Another one was Nasri, who was clearly offside, chasing after a through ball when a clearly onside Aguero would have been clean through on goal. There was some seriously braindead football going on last night, with Nasri at the heart of most of it.

We certainly look like a bunch of airheads at times. There's no urgency when the time is running out.

Despite this Bayern "Love in" by the media and there ability to keep the ball and play pretty little passes to each other, how many serious attempts on our goal did they actually have? The media were cracking themselves off on Saturday when UTD scored 2 goals (despite having 1 shot on target the whole game) and hailing "The philossshhepppher" as a tactical genius. Tonight, we get pelters off everybody and are called lucky etc..
Play to the whistle bitches!

I was hopping mad at half time - could not believe that they'd decided to take a short corner. I know footballers' aren't renowned for their intelligence levels, but come on................

The only thing that consoled me was some blue telling a tourist on the concourse filming him and his daytripper mates to stick his selfie stick where the sun don't shine

Dubai Blue said:
Another one was Nasri, who was clearly offside, chasing after a through ball when a clearly onside Aguero would have been clean through on goal. There was some seriously braindead football going on last night, with Nasri at the heart of most of it.

Went ape-shit at this - as I did with the OP's example.

Look at how intelligent Bayern's game-play was last night. Then compare to Nasri. Its not a chasm in ability thats the difference between us and them.

Nasri, Milner Hart & Navas are thick as fook, surprised they get boots on the right feet, oh hang on. Nasri is really fookin me off though, as is the captain.

KnaresboroughBlue said:
Bluewonder said:
Clichy kicking down Boateng for no reason was pretty thick.

Yet somehow immensely enjoyable.

Oh good, I'm not the only one who enjoyed that then

Wrong decisions? pretty much every one Navas makes unfortunately :(

Free kick? good work by the Bayern back room boys, obviously spotted Harts positioning and designed a free kick to exploit it, did need a spot of wrestling to clear the path to goal though

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.