The TV Quiz Show Thread

You say she was young, so why would she know tommy cooper and maybe space travel isn't her gig so no need to learn about the second man in the moon.

I know who they are because I am a middle aged ****, ask me a question about wendy tuck or lethal bizzle and I wouldn't have a clue.

What you are doing is showing your age you are not your inteligence.

Secondly every **** sits at home to the chase answering question going "I could win this" well if you don't then bother to apply, being so clever are you not also a thicko for passing up your chance to win the money?

Lastly no level of intelegence is measured by knowing an answer on the chase, however get a question right on the first round of only connect and I will bow to your superior intelect.
I’m young(early 20s) and I’ve never heard of Wendy tuck and heard about lethal bizzle but wouldn’t know what he looks like but I know about Joseph bazlegette and Alexander Fleming.

most definitely not an age thing, they are just ignorant to knowledge

I’m young(early 20s) and I’ve never heard of Wendy tuck and heard about lethal bizzle but wouldn’t know what he looks like but I know about Joseph bazlegette and Alexander Fleming.

most definitely not an age thing, they are just ignorant to knowledge
There are questions in Only Connect !

Well I'll be bugered

all tv quiz shows are fixed and ringers are used and casting agents are used

i watched pointless the other day and new straight away they are going to win and the prize was around £4.500
you just know and the couple was so fake and staged

its a closed shop and they do it for a living and well known on the circuit (ringers) all people on game shows are casted and vetted well before

casting agents are used

professional actors who go out for game show auditions regularly. It’s not hard to understand why: If you’re an actor, you probably have a flexible job to allow for auditions, it’s a chance to get in front of casting folks, it’s a chance to win some money, and you get validation and attention. (Never underestimate the power of validation and attention when it comes to actors.)
Can't all be the same, I know two people who have been on Eggheads and the lottery quiz in it to win it, one (a Blue) on Eggheads won nothing but the son of a girl I know won about £15k.

In the quiz where counters are pushed over:
Q. which war in Asia started in 1950 and ended in 1953?
.A. World War 2?
Q..Which uni in a Welsh town did Prince Charles study Welsh?
A. I know Cardiif is a City but l will say it because its the only place I know.
Q. Which American singer is nicknamed 'J.Lo'. Jennifer Lopez or Beyonce?
A I will guess Jennifer because of the Lo part of her name.

Tenable is a hard quiz ;-)
There was a good one a couple of weeks ago, playing for 26k in the final round:

Name the 10 countries with 7 letters starting with letters G-L

University Friends team, number one answer had to start with G as they had answers in there with H (it was alphabetical). Young girl answered something like "I know it's wrong but I'll go Israel"

The answer was Georgia
The contestants name was Georgia

Last edited:
I just had my dinner ruined by watching an episode of The Chase, were a young woman, thick as the sauce in the neck of a bottle, got 0 money and not one question right.

Fair play to stupid people and I would never have a go at them. Let’s face it, that would be a full time job on this site, :) but for fuck sake, at least they don’t apply to show the world how cretinous they are by going on TV where people can recognise them.

I know this is a form of OCD/Tourette’s on my part, but Jesus H Christ, it really gets on my wick

She didn’t know who Tommy Cooper was. Never heard of Buzz Aldrin, and many many more things, only a **** living in a cave for his whole life wouldn’t know. And even then he would probably guess one right.

Am I alone in wanting these people dead, or do you have sympathy for the Cunts who volunteer to go on these shows, without a brain cell operating at even half capacity?

I hate them all.
It can turn into a decent comedy show. The Eye runs a column 'Dumb Britain' where it takes the cretinous answers contestants give:

Bradley: Which of these describes a libertine or a rake? A Don Juan, B Don Carlos, C Don Felipe.
Contestant: Is that a rake you would use in the garden?

There was a good one a couple of weeks ago, playing for 26k in the final round:

Name the 10 countries with 7 letters starting with letters G-L

University Friends team, number one answer had to start with G as they had answers in there with H (it was alphabetical). Young girl answered something like "I know it's wrong but I'll go Israel"

The answer was Georgia
The contestants name was Georgia
I saw that, and I was telling Mrs Ewing that they hadn't got Ghana or Japan. What's up with 'em? GHANA, JAPAN. And then Mrs Ewing mentions the inconvenience of seven letters!

I saw that, and I was telling Mrs Ewing that they hadn't got Ghana or Japan. What's up with 'em? GHANA, JAPAN. And then Mrs Ewing mentions the inconvenience of seven letters!
Fallen for that my self, outside of the highbrow quizzes like Only Connect, Mastermind and Uni Challenge it's probably the toughest quiz out there. I think I've only ever got two or three of the final round (don't watch religiously) and I think they were something like the last 10 Premier League champions and last 10 World Cup/ Olympic venues.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.