Things which have disappointed me this week

You're mixing me up with Bizzbo, mate. He would have had clauses allowing the club to release him but of course he gets paid until the end of his contract. That's fair to both parties.

Things what of disappointed me this week?

I tell you, trying to buy a Turkey for 2 that will fit in our oven.

Everywhere you go, the Turkey is for for 7 or 9 people!

I know Turkeys are rather large birds, but can't they shrink one or two of them, like those Banzai trees, or whatever those minature trees are called, and give us miserable sods a jungle sized bird that can be carved out in one sitting?

And no Sprouts at Sainsburys today.

I had to cross the road and and go to Tesco, stand in the que with the smelly, poor people, just to get our sprouts!

The shame!

Things what of disappointed me this week?

Well.. there hasnt been a proper recipe on how to cook sprouts

serves 4
1x clove of garlic
4 x rashers of bacon [diced]
12 finest brussle sprouts [halved if desired]
2 table spoons Olive oil
salt & pepper [seasoning]

Gently heat oil add Bacon and garlic cook for 2 min, add sprouts and season - cook for further 8 min.

10 min total cook time.

Happy Xmas

bizzbo said:
skinhead123 said:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/liverpool/article6967062.ece?

cooks at it again he must be odds on for the boot

key sentence:

Cook’s latest controversial comments have landed him in hot water with the Liverpool hierarchy, who have refused to comment. Privately, they have not been impressed by Cook’s outburst and are likely to regard it as a smokescreen after the sacking of Mark Hughes and subsequent appointment of Mancini as City manager

"landed him in hot water with the Liverpool hierarchy" ... hmm, what hot water would that be? Hand-wrenching from the scousers after being caught with their hands in another cookie jar? Damn, that BURNS. Seriously, there is no water between Cook and Liverpool that could become even tepid. Sure Liverpool wont like it, but do we care?

Question is: are the owners happy for us to be destabilising competitors in the press with comments like this or not? If they are, he has done his job, and done it well. If they aren't, he has at least deflected attention from Hughes/Mancini saga for a few minutes at least, but it may not be so good for him in the longer term.

Anyone have the answer to that question?

Most bluemooners give far too credence to the papers in fact nearly all of our threads revolve around the press and what they portray.

In a media driven society this is hardly surprising but I respectfully suggest the bandwidth would be a lot better utilised if we concentrated on our own views and ideas rather than a rehash from someone else.

Good or bad what the press state doesn't interest me but it seems we have in the main become another puppet for the media some of us without even acknowledging it.

paulgmurphyhumphries said:
I disagree with the point about mark hughes. Not been one qoute from him, that I have seen. And to be fair the way he was treated on Saturday, I hope he screws them for every penny he can get. he deserves the financial payoff, Bad Management to give him targets then pull the plug on those targets after a few months, but there again as you were desperate to get him out, you now look for your justification. In fact Mark hughes is the one peron who has salvaged some dignity out of this, we all have our own opinions dont we.

I agree sacking was a shambles and i dont think we have got our first choice of manager.Should have kept Hughes untill the end of the season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.