Think we'll sign another DM?

----------Balotelli--Tevez--------
--------------Silva---------------
------Barry--De-Jong--Yaya------

Kolorov--Kompany--Kolo--Boateng
------------Hart-----------------

This is how Mancini plans to line up every game, Silva, Balotelli and Tevez will have creative freedom while Kolorov and Boateng will be offering width especially at home. No need to buy another DM as Viera etc will provide back-up. Barry is most likely under pressure to start when Milner arrives.

Harry Redknapp controlled the game with only ONE defensive midfielder , so I hope Mancini learned the lesson that says " "The best defense is a good offense""

Wow, some people really don't understand this do they?

I'll try and be blunter. We have lots of people who might be classed as a DM on Football Manager or whatever game you are playing, but the reality of the situation is that DM is a complex position that seems to be a catch all for any midfielder who can tackle.

Barry isn't a DM. He's a centre mid who has played there every now and again.
Viera is a centre mid.
Kompany is a centre back.
Toure is a box to box midfielder with an emphasis on defending.
Zab is a utility player who can fit in as an anchorman every now and again.
De Jong is an anchorman.
Milner is a box to box midfielder with an emphasis on attacking.

In reality, we have one and arguably two defensive midfielder (De Jong, Barry), and none that can actually pass the ball more than ten yards. I'd be surprised if either were these were still at the club by the start of next season, we don't play the type of football that suits either of them. Barry would probably stick around to rotate in and out of the team with the Viera type of mid.

De Jong will get many, many games this season as Mancini will play an anchorman as we lack a creative defensive mid, which is why we're far more defensive than his Inter team despite using the same setup. In January, or more likely next season, he'll pick up the player he wants and De Jong will be sold.

Damocles said:
Wow, some people really don't understand this do they?

I'll try and be blunter. We have lots of people who might be classed as a DM on Football Manager or whatever game you are playing, but the reality of the situation is that DM is a complex position that seems to be a catch all for any midfielder who can tackle.

Barry isn't a DM. He's a centre mid who has played there every now and again.
Viera is a centre mid.
Kompany is a centre back.
Toure is a box to box midfielder with an emphasis on defending.
Zab is a utility player who can fit in as an anchorman every now and again.
De Jong is an anchorman.
Milner is a box to box midfielder with an emphasis on attacking.

In reality, we have one and arguably two defensive midfielder (De Jong, Barry), and none that can actually pass the ball more than ten yards. I'd be surprised if either were these were still at the club by the start of next season, we don't play the type of football that suits either of them. Barry would probably stick around to rotate in and out of the team with the Viera type of mid.

De Jong will get many, many games this season as Mancini will play an anchorman as we lack a creative defensive mid, which is why we're far more defensive than his Inter team despite using the same setup. In January, or more likely next season, he'll pick up the player he wants and De Jong will be sold.

said this in the milner topic we only really have one true defensive midfielder in de jong but as you say he is limited on ability passing wise and you may well be right in that mancini may look for the complete defensive midfielder.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.