thinking of getting an xbox

DirtyEddie

thought i would treat myself - i deserve it after all.

anyway whats the deal with there being 4gb and 250gb versions? obviously im a bit tight so i dont want to be spending extra money when theres no need. will i regret only getting the 4gb one? not planning on downloading films or games onto it so i presume the hdd will only be used for saved games? do they take up a lot of room?

DirtyEddie said:

anyway whats the deal with there being 4gb and 250gb versions? obviously im a bit tight so i dont want to be spending extra money when theres no need. will i regret only getting the 4gb one? not planning on downloading films or games onto it so i presume the hdd will only be used for saved games? do they take up a lot of room?

No need for the big hard drive mate you will never use it. Go for the cheap one.

Scottyboi said:
DirtyEddie said:

No need for the big hard drive mate you will never use it. Go for the cheap one.
cheers for that, will go for 4gb then. just need to find a good deal now

Game save files take up little room but as you get more into it you may want to download added game content such as map packs for Call of Duty and such. Forza 3 for example comes with an added content disc that alone takes about 3-4gb when installed.

I have a 20gb one, but even though it states that size you only get about 13gb to use, but it's more than enough for a few games added content and probably over 100 game saves on it now.

I'd get a PS3 instead mate. Foolishly I didn't look into the ins and outs of the Xbox and presumed that just like the PS3, it would be wireless enabled. Nope. Its cost the best part of £80 to get it online, (its my lads, not mine, I have a PS3). The whole reason I bought it him rather than a PS3 was because it was cheaper, but with the extra cost for the wireless, i've probably not saved much at all. Plus the PS3 plays Blu-Rays.

In my opinion, Xbox's are shite.

Pigeonho said:
I'd get a PS3 instead mate. Foolishly I didn't look into the ins and outs of the Xbox and presumed that just like the PS3, it would be wireless enabled. Nope. Its cost the best part of £80 to get it online, (its my lads, not mine, I have a PS3). The whole reason I bought it him rather than a PS3 was because it was cheaper, but with the extra cost for the wireless, i've probably not saved much at all. Plus the PS3 plays Blu-Rays.

In my opinion, Xbox's are shite.

New 360s have built in Wifi so no need for network adapter and can get good deals on Xbox live on AV Forums.Kinect looks like a new way of gaming (voice recognition,notices you when you walk in the room etc).Both good machines but 360 shades it for me.Just my opinion.

bought it yesterday from currys for £150 with fifa 11 included also got cod 4 modern warfare second hand.

i have a question about fifa 11 - is there anyway to stop andy gray from constantly slagging me off? im trying my best ffs and all he can do is snipe from the sidelines. grade a **** imo.

DirtyEddie said:
bought it yesterday from currys for £150 with fifa 11 included also got cod 4 modern warfare second hand.

i have a question about fifa 11 - is there anyway to stop andy gray from constantly slagging me off? im trying my best ffs and all he can do is snipe from the sidelines. grade a **** imo.

can you not integrate him into COD and pop a cap in his ass?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.