Third party ticket sites and City - (Update 03/07/24)

Not sure if this is linked, the 18-25 allocation sells out in seconds, it was less than 10 seconds for Spurs yesterday for ca 150 tickets. I find it hard to believe this can be done by a person so must be people using bots, maybe some of these go on to the agencies?

In 2 years of trying almost every game my 2 sons have been successful twice, once was Bournemouth away when there were no trains back and the other was the Brentford mix up by the club when tickets were taken away.

Both have over 16k points so do get to some games on points, scheme doesn’t seem to be doing what it intended though

If you want transparency, you will have to force the hand of the club.

I suggest that City Matters buy the Fulham tickets at inflated prices, get the block, row and seat number and we ask the club who those tickets were originally allocated to. It might be they were given directly to that site, or a OSC maybe a corporate but at least we will know.

Then City Matters can raffle the tickets off to two lucky city fans.

While I share the same pov on all of your points, the club clearly don't give a fuck who attends these days, and the disconnect is getting worse by the game. I've said it before, but we don't have the numbers for this to be sustainable, and when the time comes when we're not quite as exciting to watch as we are now (and it 100% will) and the demand from day-trippers drops off, the absolute clowns at City making these short term decisions are going to look fucking pathetic.
they'll be long gone into sunset

"Our trusted ticket partners competing with each other to deliver you the best seats and lowest prices"

Cheapest ticket £250. It's morally bankrupt of the club providing these tickets when there's a price cap in place.

Excellent point.

There’s a price cap in place and yet the club are circumventing it by working with these ticket sites to sell tickets for over 400% their value and thus screwing over their own supporters.

Not sure if this is linked, the 18-25 allocation sells out in seconds, it was less than 10 seconds for Spurs yesterday for ca 150 tickets. I find it hard to believe this can be done by a person so must be people using bots, maybe some of these go on to the agencies?

In 2 years of trying almost every game my 2 sons have been successful twice, once was Bournemouth away when there were no trains back and the other was the Brentford mix up by the club when tickets were taken away.

Both have over 16k points so do get to some games on points, scheme doesn’t seem to be doing what it intended though

I think that’s more pesky kids with advanced computer skills than anything more sinister.

I’ve tried the 18-25 using my son’s account a few times and failed every time in spite of being on it the second the tickets go on sale. Has to be bots with multiple screens open hoovering up the tickets in a matter of seconds.

If you want transparency, you will have to force the hand of the club.

I suggest that City Matters buy the Fulham tickets at inflated prices, get the block, row and seat number and we ask the club who those tickets were originally allocated to. It might be they were given directly to that site, or a OSC maybe a corporate but at least we will know.

Then City Matters can raffle the tickets off to two lucky city fans.
Which in the real world will never be answered (and rightly so).

"Our trusted ticket partners competing with each other to deliver you the best seats and lowest prices"

Cheapest ticket £250. It's morally bankrupt of the club providing these tickets when there's a price cap in place.
I don't know one way or another, but if true, this is definitely a way of circumnavigating the £30 away ticket price cap.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.