Third party ticket sites and City / West Ham game

Absolutely happy to raise specific examples. Drop me an email: alex.howell@citymatters.co.uk
Thanks, Alex. Looking at the ticket sites it looks like there are lots available from a number of secondary ticket outlets. Seatpick.com give fans looking fot tickets all the information that the Premier League and Manchester City would need. They are presently doing little to stop touting. The West Ham game highlights the challenge the club have got around ticketing. One things for sure, without the collective will of the fans they are unlikely to be able to make improvements in this area.

The Compliance Manager role appears to be a bit of a tick box exercise. At the end of the day, the club only care about their bottom line. It is not about ensuring fans getting fair value only securing revenues for the club. The club are as bad as the touts in taking advantage of fans loyalty. Maybe there is nothing they can do about the wider problem. The reality is that they are not be bothered about losing fans knowing the majority will follow and on occasions like this will pay the extortionate prices. I guess that is just the way the beautiful game has gone.

I guess the club and people working in the football bubble should not be moaning about empty seats and soulless stadiums. It is going to be interesting to see where the game is going to be in 5-10 years time. Apparently, football is nothing without the fans...

It is your ticket, so you can do what you want with it. But, when you reach that point where you are looking back on your life, will you remember being a bit flush for a couple of weeks in May 2024, or the things you witnessed that live with you forever. The Aguero goal, the Kompany goal, the comeback against Villa. Like I say, it is your call, but there is more to life than money.
It's not his ticket and he can't do what he wants with it.
The ticket belongs to the club and can only be used or sold on in accordance with their terms and conditions.

It’s personal choice but I wouldn’t pay silly money on general principle. I’ve seen us win things live on a number of occasions but the pub on Sunday (I’ll travel over) will be great too.

Put touts out of business by refusing to pay their prices.

Touting sites looking to stop any new legislation. But the article points out that re-selling tickets to football matches in UK is illegal and as this thread testifies we know that nobody does anything to enforce that - they may well be wasting their ill-gotten money.

Touting sites looking to stop any new legislation. But the article points out that re-selling tickets to football matches in UK is illegal and as this thread testifies we know that nobody does anything to enforce that - they may well be wasting their ill-gotten money.

Interesting read. Viagogo there for 'networking' haha. All over my head to be honest and I'm a bit naive to it all. Be difficult to police people using multiple email addresses, but wonder whether there could be a way of limiting people using the same card payment for the same event? So they're only allowed two or three transactions using the same card for the same event. Wouldn't stop it altogether, but would surely make it substantially more difficult.

Last edited:
American guy next to me at Wembley who to be fair seemed very knowledgeable about the club was staggered when I told him we were sat in £70 seats. He wouldn't reveal exactly how much the seat had cost him but he said it was between £400 - £500 and was bought via a ticket site. Scum but the club are complicit. I wonder how much extra revenue the club generates per year by fleecing people and in many cases, especially away days at Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea etc stopping genuine blues from buying tickets via the points system.

American guy next to me at Wembley who to be fair seemed very knowledgeable about the club was staggered when I told him we were sat in £70 seats. He wouldn't reveal exactly how much the seat had cost him but he said it was between £400 - £500 and was bought via a ticket site. Scum but the club are complicit. I wonder how much extra revenue the club generates per year by fleecing people and in many cases, especially away days at Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea etc stopping genuine blues from buying tickets via the points system.
Every PL club is at it. I’m sure clubs are thinking why sell a ticket for a big game for £70 when we can get an arms length agent to sell it for £500.

There is a huge story here waiting to be broken

To be fair in this instance he has to be very naive not to think there's going to be a huge mark up on a cup final ticket. Those Yanks do like paying through the nose for their sport though. There's plenty of season ticket holders that didn't get one in that first release. If they were sold from individuals without any involvement from the club the intention is clearly to make money from it as there's plenty of people they could have passed it on to themselves at face value.

It's safe to assume most of those online are there for a profit unless they clearly state theyre a face value ticket reseller like Twickets.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.