This car voted WORST car in Britain - what was yours ?

Major Transfers IN : Freddie Hill from Halifax To
Austin Allegro voted worst car in Britain

mnallegro117.jpg

My worst car was a second hand 7 year old Volvo 340 which drove like a tank, had no power steering, had a faulty carburettor and the seats didn't tilt or slide properly.

4.JPG

Worst car I ever owned was a Rover 216 VP. It was gorgeous inside, with leather trim, walnut dash and wool carpets. It drove well too, until it was mildly damp outside. The merest hint of rain and the fucker wouldn't run. I lost count of the number of times I was stranded on the M62 in the rain.

It was the best of cars. It was the worst of cars.

Almost identical to this one. It had been imported from Belgium and swapped from Left to Right Hand Drive. Badly.

836172026086.jpg

Doctor Congo said:
NQT said:
My first car was one of these, a Vauxhall Chevette saloon

fs_vauxhall_chevette_1982_1.2l.jpg

Nicknamed the Vauxhall 'Shove it" with good reason.

Notice how the headlights stick out a bit,this was a huge design fault. Every Chevette owner at some point will have had to replace one or both headlights as the fronts would come off at speed. You couldn't buy a replacement front you had to replace the entire unit
Vauxhall kindly admitted to this around ten years after production and offered to replace them free, however no one had their cars then.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.