This copy of Windows is not genuine

Glenda MCFC

My laptop is nearly 2 yrs old and when I was using it yesterday my screen saver disappeared and the screen went black. Everything is still on here (bar the screensaver) and in the bottom right corner it says "Windows 7. Build 7600. This copy of windows is not genuine." ????, and a pop up asking me to get the genuine one ???. When I clicked on this it was eventually requesting me to buy it !! Any ideas ?

Where did you get it from?

If it was a legit shop and you still have the receipt, get back there!

Rang HP and they couldn't understand why it's happened as its all legit, told me do a factory reset but need to wait till my daughter gets back from London to back all her stuff up else I will lose everything :( pain in the ass it is

Maybe removing patch KB971033 might help for now until you get to do a restore although I think without the WAT software then it might not help. If you are sure it is a genuine copy then just do what HP said after you backed up everything you need.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.