This is England '90

AlexWilliamsGloves

Team supported
MCFC / Ulster Rugby
So its definite ...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.facebook.com/pages/This-is-England-90-Unofficial/177420235621429?v=wall" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.facebook.com/pages/This-is-E ... 429?v=wall</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.metro.co.uk/tv/850085-this-is-england-90-given-green-light-by-channel-4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.metro.co.uk/tv/850085-this-i ... -channel-4</a>

A website dedicated to director Shane Meadows announced the news but did not reveal when the series would be hitting viewers' screens.
It quoted Channel 4's head of drama Camilla Campbell as saying: 'This Is England will be returning to C4. It is a continuation of the same characters four years on, looking at rave culture and the World Cup. Shane is brimming with ideas and we are really excited.'
The new series will follow main characters Shaun, Woody, Lol and Milky four years after the previous show,
which caught up with them three years after they were seen in the acclaimed film This Is England.
Discussing the possibility of making This Is England '90 in an interview with The Independent earlier this year, Meadows said that the 1990s were a 'big turning point'.
This Is England '86: Soundtrack of the season
'The next really big turning point in my life was 1990, with the Hacienda, the rave, The Stone Roses, ecstasy, the whole shambolic thing,' he said.
'I'd seen a lot of friends get into heroin off the back of that, so in a kind of way, Shaun's journey, if there is to be a second series, will continue in 1990.'
The four-part series
This Is England '86 proved popular with TV audiences, attracting 2.5 million viewers on its debut.

Awesome news....loved the film and the series...if this is anything like those, it'll be brilliant. Totally my era too.

Cue loads of donebeforeshit about Madchester and E's, someone overdosing, a gun or three, some crude shagging and very little of worth beyond. Meadows needs a rethink.

I know Shane Meadows and I know for a fact he never, ever set foot inside Fac51. In fact he used to take the piss out of the people from his home town of Uttoxeter who used to go. He was the sort of indie Luddite who used to wear an ethnic beanie hat and a Wonder Stuff T-shirt and refer to House music as 'bleep bleep shite', so the semi.-autobiographal line won't wash this time round. He also hates football.
His mate Paddy Considine, who played New Order manager and top blue Rob Gretton in 24 Hour Party People, went to the Hacienda a few times at least.

I wasn't that big a fan of '86 though I loved the film. Might watch a bit of it but my expectations aren't high.

Dannyctid said:
This sounds like to big a job to me. They can get away with filming scenes from the 80s in Grimsby but it will need major investment to get it up to 1990s standards.

Bwahahahaha

LongsightM13 said:
I know Shane Meadows and I know for a fact he never, ever set foot inside Fac51. In fact he used to take the piss out of the people from his home town of Uttoxeter who used to go. He was the sort of indie Luddite who used to wear an ethnic beanie hat and a Wonder Stuff T-shirt and refer to House music as 'bleep bleep shite', so the semi.-autobiographal line won't wash this time round. He also hates football.
His mate Paddy Considine, who played New Order manager and top blue Rob Gretton in 24 Hour Party People, went to the Hacienda a few times at least.

Haha. I remember those types well.

They ended up like the kid at the window in the rain while we all had the biggest party England had ever seen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.