"This is how it feels to be City" - new blog article

You're 3 years younger than me mate and i know exactly what you're talking about. I was the only city fan in my form in high school during the early 80's and the amount of shit i had to put up with, but that one line " so how often do you go" worked wonders at times. My 15 year old had to put up with a bit but nothing like me the lucky bugger.

Really enjoyed that - struck many a chord with me. Well done. It's been a little more painful for us older ones as we had a taste of the high life from 67-76, then it all went horribly wrong. But, it's all part of being City, and I wouldn't ever change any of it for the world - it makes the good times seem even better, I reckon.

Didsbury Dave said:
levets said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Well done sir. A very good piece indeed.

Gary's right. Our generation were the original glory hunters and the wheel's fell off our bandwagon before it got past the first fence ;-)

What about mine?

You're the gloryhunters from the Billy Meredith era.

You still sing "Super City, from Hyde Road"

Nice one!

I suppose I am a glory hunter?
Newton Heath lad, was about 1967 when I got into City (just as we started to be good), however the first game I was ever taken to was United V Crystal palace in 67? by my auntie Jean... who after a divorce, got re married to a blue and still goes to City now....

these blogs are setting a very high standard, keep it up lads (no lasses yet?)
I reckon some of the away trips would be worth a tale or two, or what it's like
following city from far flung countries. Just a thought

Brilliant article. Although I am only 21 I feel I can relate to this having lived in Derby/Nottingham my whole life. I think it's a family thing. My dad has been going to City for as long as he can remember and has been taking me for as long as I can remember. Even though I was the only City fan not just in my year but in my whole school I never wanted to change it. Even though we were pretty shit and all of my mates supported Derby/the rags and I got it ripped out of me I still loved it.

It's finally paying off and now it's my turn to rip it out of them. But even if it wasn't then I would still be making the almost 2 hour journey every week, and having days off work so I can make the game in the evening because it is a way of life!

Before last season the only time I had been to Wembley was for the Div 2 play off final and last season I got to go 3 times. The thing that made it so good was every single fan felt exactly the same and it was so obvious in the semis that my dad has bought me up the right way!

CTID.

I'm a little bit older but shared those same eras. One thing that differed with me to your experiences was my school was more blue than red (late 70's), as were all my mates at that time, so I never really had any derogatory remarks aimed at me.

I had someone in the pub say to me a couple of weeks ago" I can remember endlessly taking the piss out of you for being a man city fan, and fair play to you for sticking with them throughout a period of many years of shit" so I understand how a lot of us have felt over the years, but as others have said, I wouldnt change a thing.

Hi everyone, thanks for the fantastic response. I'm really glad you like it. Here's to the future!

@mikenumber5

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.