This is where Stevie Ireland was last night

Eccles Blue

If you look on the City main page you will see that Stevie Ireland was taken to hospital last night:

Stevie Ireland is back home after being taken to hospital following last night’s Carling Cup win over Fulham.
The Blues reigning player of the season was substituted in the 75th minute of the 2-1 win and taken for precautionary checks after complaining of dizziness and feeling unwell.

Tests were carried on the 23-year-old and he was given the all-clear. He is expected to rest today and resume training at the weekend for the visit of West Ham on Monday night.

I have thought for a few games that Stevie didn't look well and maybe now people will get off his back.

Lets hope that he's been over doing it and a good long rest will see him back to world class.

I don't think anybody was knocking him, I think most people were genuinely concerned for a player that has become a talisman of the club.

I'm glad to hear that it's nothing serious, and hope he gets a decent rest. It's a shame we don't really have any options to rotate him for monday as the lad could use a proper break.

Petetheblu said:
Lets hope that he's been over doing it and a good long rest will see him back to world class.

Here, here Petetheblu, Stevie always gives 100% and this season he has been restricted by the position he has been asked to take by the Manager and he does that for the TEAM. Get well soon Stevie.

Still only a kid... We have to expect he'll dip in form from time to time. Also, he didn't rest over the summer. Kept up his kick-boxing... So maybe it's a learning curve?

Our Superman will be back in no time... Just need Hughesy to give him a bit more license to get forward!

Cambridgeblue said:
I don't think anybody was knocking him, I think most people were genuinely concerned for a player that has become a talisman of the club.

I'm glad to hear that it's nothing serious, and hope he gets a decent rest. It's a shame we don't really have any options to rotate him for monday as the lad could use a proper break.

Sorry Cambridge Blue, I do appreciate that most people are not knocking him but at the match last night some people around me were really getting stuck into him and I guess I got a bit over sensitive for the lad. He is such a titch but so brave that you have to feel 'protective' of him! Sorry

Cambridgeblue said:

Sorry Cambridge Blue, I do appreciate that most people are not knocking him but at the match last night some people around me were really getting stuck into him and I guess I got a bit over sensitive for the lad. He is such a titch but so brave that you have to feel 'protective' of him! Sorry

He kept on kneeling down every 20 seconds last night but didnt and grabbing his head I was wondering what was wrong with him, dizziness and feeling unwell sounds like concussion, I didnt see him get a bang on the head though.

Regardless of this injury/illness the lad needs a rest. At the end of last season he started to look tired and at times this season he's looked absolutely shattered. As players return from injury it'll be easier to rest him from matches every now and then but the bigger issue is possibly his training.

We all love him for putting so much effort into being the best he can be for our team but I think he might be over-doing it now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.