This media storm is good for the team

cleavers

Home or work, well mostly home these days.
I think this media "outrage" is a great thing for our team, I suspect on the training pitch the lads are being galvanised by it all, the longer it goes on the better. MH should be making the most of the "they all hate us" attitude amongst the majority of the media, its got the supporters more together than ever.

For me its playing right into our hands ahead of Sunday, and probably for the whole season, the siege mentality throughout the club can only be a good thing, and I hope the club hierarchy come back fighting it all as strongly as possible.

The reaction is like he's been found guilty of mass murder, its so ridiculous, and funnily enough supporters of other teams are are saying the same, its only those that feel threatened by us that are reacting.

Stop worrying, and enjoy it, its hilarious.

I agree, I wasnt sure whether it was because the crowd on Saturday actually started to believe in the team, the fact we fancied ourselves genuinely against a Top 4 team, or a siege mentallity - brought on by the "only here for the money" but I thought you were bloody brilliant.

I had a number of season ticket holders in my section who I have never seen singing but were on Saturday, we need to keep this positivity going - even if we lose the odd game.

Personally I dont give a toss if everyone hates us, I have put up with sh*t for 40 odd years but stuck with my team, and pleased to say so did the majority of City fans. We could have lost a generation of fans to the Borough of Trafford but our "siege" mentallity has seen us through the bad times (majority of Premiership years!) and we will come back louder and prouder.

"Welcome to Manchester City the future - if you dont like it F*ck You"

The media storm is going to cost us the services of Adebayor for at least 2 matches more than it ordinarily would have. Could cost us valuable points, maybe even contribute to us being knocked out of the cup.

Of course it might not, but we shouldn't just sit back and enjoy it IMO.

moomba said:
The media storm is going to cost us the services of Adebayor for at least 2 matches more than it ordinarily would have. Could cost us valuable points, maybe even contribute to us being knocked out of the cup.

Of course it might not, but we shouldn't just sit back and enjoy it IMO.

You may be right, but with all our signings surely we arent dependant now on one player, if so we are f*cked come the African Nations.

Trigger said:
You may be right, but with all our signings surely we arent dependant now on one player, if so we are f*cked come the African Nations.

Not dependent, although with Tevez, Santa Cruz and Robinho at various stages of unfitness I reckon we'll feel the loss of Adebayor pretty hard.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.