This month's Four Four Two

SilvaLining

Got this month's copy of Four Four Two and in it was a season preview. It is really fair and balanced with regards to City so for those who won't be buying I'll share some of it here:

City, the perception: A bunch of self-loving galacticos bossed by a power-mad manager intent on getting results rather than offering entertainment

City, the reality: A bunch of mature, talented players (and a few self-loving galacticos) bossed by a shrewd tactician and disciplinarian who knows exactly what's required to win a league title.

Strengths: Solid defence, team appearing to become a unit with smiles replacing sideways glances, Balotelli clearly mad as a lorry but can also be brilliant, and Mancini can get the best out of him

Weakness: Ill-discipline (74 yellow cards and 5 sendings off), goals hard to come by without Tevez, Balotelli needs to be more brilliant than bonkers

Lesson from last season: Score first (City only came from behind to win once last season) and show more ambition against top teams.

Key player: Kompany- has the steel and the brain to work with a variety of defensive partners

Crunch time: United at home in April as third to last game as this may be a must win

Prediction: CHAMPIONS

The entire thing is a good read and I would definitely recommend getting this month's. I pretty much agree with everything they say, which for an article about City is all too rare!

Prestwich_Blue said:
SilvaLining said:
Prediction: CHAMPIONS
Oh I do like that.
It only seems like a few years ago when i was reading these season previews and seeing:

Predition: 16th

Or something like that! Never thought i'd see the day when somebody predicts us to win the league.

jimharri said:
Hard to argue against anything in that article. That fact about coming from behind to win needs to be addressed though!!

You're right there, we do need to be more resilient, but I think we'll get there. The FA Cup win ought to give us so much confidence. Of course it would be naive to think you go from that to endless success without obstacles but we have every reason to be optimistic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.