This new MOT situation

meeesh

Just a quick one,if anyone knows any info would be helpful.

My car's mot is due tomorrow,but obviously with the 6 month extension given,does this mean that if I present my car in December and if it passes,I'll get a full 12 month ticket on it from December ?

I was considering in getting it done either tomorrow or early next week,and I'm hopeful of it passing anyway to be honest,but then I thought well if I can scrape a few more months out that'll be better I suppose

Any info appreciated.

it says that your current mot basically runs for 18months,so when you take it in dec you will get the full 12 months,however with dec being quite an expensive month I would take it before then so you don't get stung in future dec ,that's what I would do ,mine is now due in oct

Wow,hadnt realised that this was an option.Mrs eyes had hers done only yesterday,(her car I mean),fortunately only £80 in total,so when does this option end? On a side note,I joined the RAC for the first time when I mot,d my car in march,then didnt go out for three months, bloody typical.

My car's mot is due tomorrow,but obviously with the 6 month extension given,does this mean that if I present my car in December and if it passes,I'll get a full 12 month ticket on it from December ?

I was considering in getting it done either tomorrow or early next week,and I'm hopeful of it passing anyway to be honest,but then I thought well if I can scrape a few more months out that'll be better I suppose

Any info appreciated.
The mot will be 12 months from date of test (up to 13 if presented early) the extention should go on 7 days prior to expiry best to check on gov website.
https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-status

So it's more beneficial to wait and use the extra 6 months then so you get 18 months on your present MOT ?

Any info appreciated.

Mine usually goes hand in hand with a full service. If you’re gonna go 18 months without a service, you’ll probably need to watch your oil, anti-freeze and sundry other levels and filters....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.