"this player is not good enough, he plays in a **** league"

Re: "this player is not good enough, he plays in a shit league"

Paul Lake's Left Knee said:
I do agree with you, however the examples you use are fairly poor

Horseface was well touted and was courted by many teams throughout Europe, prior to signing for the filth. Drogba came to prominence scoring a load of goals (in CL and Uefa cup) before he signed for Chelsea (many did think the fee was too high) and Henry was also well thought of, was already a full french international, and he was signed from Juventus, hardly a footballing back water. The only of your examples that really fit your point is Solksjaer.
Still none of them where proven top league goalscorers. Yilmaz scored 8 goals in CL still people moans

oakiecokie said:
kp789 said:
-Michu
-Kompany
-Zabaleta
-Vidic

All cost under 10 million.

+ countless others,but to start thats a good shout.
Just recent ones off the top of my head.

Arguabley two best centre halfs in the league came from the German league and Russian League.

I don't understand the bit about the Portuguese league being the 5th best in the world and that the Turkish league is full of top quality players and teams.

SergioInAddedTime said:

Horseface was well touted and was courted by many teams throughout Europe, prior to signing for the filth. Drogba came to prominence scoring a load of goals (in CL and Uefa cup) before he signed for Chelsea (many did think the fee was too high) and Henry was also well thought of, was already a full french international, and he was signed from Juventus, hardly a footballing back water. The only of your examples that really fit your point is Solksjaer.
Still none of them where proven top league goalscorers. Yilmaz scored 8 goals in CL still people moans

No, Horseface was scoring for fun prior to injuring his knee, he was seen as the top predator/finisher in Europe. Drogba scored 30 odd goals in his last season at Marseilles. Henry was played on the wing for his entire Juventus career, Wenger played him centrally and after a slow start he became one of the best the prem has seen.

Sorry for knit picking - i do agree with your point on the whole - you could have used better examples to make your point thats all.

BigOscar said:
I don't really see how Fred's record from 5-8 years ago is that relevant anyway.

Some people find it hard to grasp that many strikers peak in their late 20s or early 30s. Look at Drogba and Di Natale. Fred has probably matured as a player like many others.

I agree with the OP, many of the world's greatest players developed outside of the best leagues. Yaya played in Ukraine and Greece, Ronaldinho was signed from France by Barca, Bergkamp/RVN/RVP in Holland, and so on. But it depends on your scouting setup... it's quite easy to pick up a dud from abroad, but there are some real diamonds out there.

4hz14w.jpg

LoveCity said:
BigOscar said:
I don't really see how Fred's record from 5-8 years ago is that relevant anyway.

Some people find it hard to grasp that many strikers peak in their late 20s or early 30s. Look at Drogba and Di Natale. Fred has probably matured as a player like many others.

I agree with the OP, many of the world's greatest players developed outside of the best leagues. Yaya played in Ukraine and Greece, Ronaldinho was signed from France by Barca, Bergkamp/RVN/RVP in Holland, and so on. But it depends on your scouting setup... it's quite easy to pick up a dud from abroad, but there are some real diamonds out there.
Look at the Italians, most of them only reach real real world class when they are around 30. Di Natale, Pirlo , De Rossi, Totti, Barzagli some of them

Its amazing how people want Guidetti whos only proven in Holland but wont have Osvaldo, Negrado etc.

Stoned Rose said:

4hz14w.jpg

Skin up ;-p

SergioInAddedTime said:
With the press linking us to players like Fred, Cardozo, Negredo, Yilmaz and Osvaldo I have read numerous posters on here saying that "this player is not good enough for us, he plays in a worse league"

I don`t know why, but shit like this annoys me. No offence but it seems like you brits can`t see further than you`re nosetip. You seem to think that if he is not banging in goals for a top team in England, Germany or Spain he is not good enough for us.

Burak Zilmaz scored 24 goals in 30 matches for Galatasaray this season in a league that someone here claimed was a "pretty poor league" even though it is a proven high quality league, with a lot of good footballers. The fans there are also fantastic soeveryone of the players get pushed to their maximum.

Oscar Cardozo, a proven goalscorer in the 5th best league in the world gets slated and called not good enough on here because, wait for it, he only plays in the 5th best league in the world.

Negredo is called not good enough because he scores shitloads for Sevilla, but unfortunately not for Barca or Madrid. Catch my drift?

Lets take a look at other teams we are competing with:

When United were on the top of their game, they took risks with Ruud Van Nistelrooy from a shit league like Eredivisie, and Ole Gunnar Solskjær from arguably one of europes worst leagues. What happened? Horseface goes down in history as one of the most clinical goalscorers the world has seen, and Ole is a club legend.

Chelsea, with all the money they had bought a unproven striker that no-one had heard of, he also spent his youth as a left-back. They paid 24m. His name was Didier Drogba, he is a club-legend.

Oh do you remember when Arsenal bought that french striker from that shit league? yeah, think his name was Thierry Henry. I really think Wenger regretted that transfer.

My point is: We dont need to spend fucking billions on people like Cavani, Suarez or Bale to succed, it is real gems out there in the less glamorus leagues.

Sorry for my rant, have a nice day
Generalisation award of the year goes to... (yes, that's generalisation, SPELT correctly).

I agree with your other points. But this is the Transfer Forum where rationalisation and realism is often left out of many posts and there is a very bizarre feel to the place. I'd take what your read in here win a pinch of salt and really don't think that we all think like so many of the posts you see in here; because we don't.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.