This thread makes no sense now the original post has been deleted.

I am a huge fan of baseball, supported the Tigers for quite a while. But if you want to glory hunt, you would be wise to stay away from the cubs, the 102 year curse is growing

Yeah, if you're glory hunting def stay away from the Cubs, or you will be saying "there's always next year" for the rest of your life. Glory hunting away from the Yanks/Red Sox, I would probably choose the California Angels of Anaheim or whatever they're called now. Like McNair9 who is stuck with the Tigers, I'm stuck with the Milwaukee Brewers, at least we're named after beer makers!

Plus if your friend is a Mariners supporter, the Angels are in the same division so you will have a lot more chances to wind each other up.

acquiesce said:
Plus if your friend is a Mariners supporter, the Angels are in the same division so you will have a lot more chances to wind each other up.

Thanks for that

do the Angels play in red - if so not for me.

The Cubs play in the same league dont they?

As for glory hunting , I'm a blue, not sure I could stoop that low.

I have sent him a text tonight saying Go Cubs, but if I do revert to glory hunting then I can be fickle as well and swap to the Angels.

McNair9 said:
I am a huge fan of baseball, supported the Tigers for quite a while. But if you want to glory hunt, you would be wise to stay away from the cubs, the 102 year curse is growing

I could sing 102 years and we're still here.

or where was I when we was shite.

Yeah, I hadn't thought of that before I spoke, their trim is red along with their helmets. Really being a City supporter living with false dawn after false dawn you probably couldn't do much better than the Cubs. Every spring here is hailed as "this is our year" and it usually ends going horribly wrong.

The Cubs however are in another division from the Mariners, in fact another league altogether. MLB is divided into American and National Leagues, and then those leagues are split up into three confrences each. The Mariners are American, the Cubs are National.

acquiesce said:
Yeah, I hadn't thought of that before I spoke, their trim is red along with their helmets. Really being a City supporter living with false dawn after false dawn you probably couldn't do much better than the Cubs. Every spring here is hailed as "this is our year" and it usually ends going horribly wrong.

The Cubs however are in another division from the Mariners, in fact another league altogether. MLB is divided into American and National Leagues, and then those leagues are split up into three confrences each. The Mariners are American, the Cubs are National.

Thanks mate

Can you help me choose then please.

If you're going to stay in the American League and you want a non-red team haha, I suppose the Minnesota Twins might be your best bet. They're in a different conference but same League. They're known as perennial over-achievers with a very good farm system (read academy).

If you want to stay in the same conference as the Mariners the Texas Rangers would be your pic. They finished strong, winding up in 2nd last season, and they play in blue.

acquiesce said:
If you're going to stay in the American League and you want a non-red team haha, I suppose the Minnesota Twins might be your best bet. They're in a different conference but same League. They're known as perennial over-achievers with a very good farm system (read academy).

If you want to stay in the same conference as the Mariners the Texas Rangers would be your pic. They finished strong, winding up in 2nd last season, and they play in blue.

Thanks Acquiesce

I always had a soft spot for the Cubs - but its the rangers for me now.

need to get meself all set up for espn now.

thanks again

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.