This Throw In BS

Barcon said:
Tricky_Rici said:
Couple of reasons i think.

1.) I don't think they help him and in fact make it more difficult
2.) It's Rory Delap, he's a man's man and has no doubt spent his whole career laughing at other players who where gloves and now even bloody scarfs to play football in.

I know when i grew up you'd have been laughed off the pitch for wearing gloves and i'm sure he's the same.

As i said, he takes just as long when we are losing and he needs to wait for the defenders to get forward anyway. No different to a corner or a set-piece.

My point was, he looks like a nancy using a towel and he might as well be wearing gloves and a scarf.

That was your point? Wow!

If it was, it was wrapped up inside a pretty well disguised conundrum as i thought your point was he does it solely to waste time.

The difference being i suppose is he does it to get a better grip and means it's slightly more likely we'll score. Anybody can see that.

Tell me how gloves and a scarf help you to win the game and i'm all ears. Don't make it as cryptic as the last one though. I'm from Stoke remember. ;-)

ElanJo said:
On average each team gets 26 throw-ins per game. Taking 30 seconds(sometimes delap takes 40 seconds) for each throw-in would result in at least 26 minutes of time added on per match.

That assumes both teams are employing this tactic? If it was just Delap, it would be 13 minutes?

Good point though

CITYMANCS-REJECT said:
ElanJo said:
On average each team gets 26 throw-ins per game. Taking 30 seconds(sometimes delap takes 40 seconds) for each throw-in would result in at least 26 minutes of time added on per match.

That assumes both teams are employing this tactic? If it was just Delap, it would be 13 minutes?

Good point though

Yep

Come on now, I wasn't shouting.
You'r right though, it wasn't my point, but I got all confused when you said,

"It's Rory Delap, he's a man's man and has no doubt spent his whole career laughing at other players who where gloves and now even bloody scarfs to play football in.
I know when i grew up you'd have been laughed off the pitch for wearing gloves and i'm sure he's the same".

So he thinks using a towel to wipe the ball off doesn't make him look a bit soft?

Football is about players mainly using their feet, yes you do get throw ins but that shouldn't determine a game, it is nothing like players being good at free kicks or corners because that is using your feet. Delap is simply using his hands to assist a goal which you would expect in rugby or basketball. I am not saying that it is cheating and if you can get away with it sign someone with a bigger throw (whos can also play good football of course :) ) But this delap throw in just takes the concept of the game away.

We would get slated if we had someone who did this and Im sure Mr.Platini would step in and change the rules

Barcon said:
Come on now, I wasn't shouting.
You'r right though, it wasn't my point, but I got all confused when you said,

"It's Rory Delap, he's a man's man and has no doubt spent his whole career laughing at other players who where gloves and now even bloody scarfs to play football in.
I know when i grew up you'd have been laughed off the pitch for wearing gloves and i'm sure he's the same".

So he thinks using a towel to wipe the ball off doesn't make him look a bit soft?

Why does it make him look soft? As i said, he's using it so he can get a better grip and hence be more likely to create a goal which is basically the idea of the game i thought. I've said i don't like the towel myself in my first post on this thread and wish they'd fuck it off but it certainly doesn't make him look soft. Am i more embarassed by him using a towel than half of my players wearing scarfs? Don't make me laugh. C'mon now fellas, i'm big enough to admit the towel annoys me, surely you can admit the scarf and glove brigade gets on your tits doesn't it?

ello_jo said:
Football is about players mainly using their feet, yes you do get throw ins but that shouldn't determine a game, it is nothing like players being good at free kicks or corners because that is using your feet. Delap is simply using his hands to assist a goal which you would expect in rugby or basketball. I am not saying that it is cheating and if you can get away with it sign someone with a bigger throw (whos can also play good football of course :) ) But this delap throw in just takes the concept of the game away.

We would get slated if we had someone who did this and Im sure Mr.Platini would step in and change the rules

Let's bring in the over head height rule while we're at it and ban all heading. It is football afterall.

Always good to finish off with a nice conspiracy theory though. ;-)

Of course it does, it's totaly embarassing especially when there are players on the same pitch wearing short sleeves. I personally think he looks like a right pansy wiping off the ball with a towel. Of course that's just my opinion, I also think Fuller looks like a pansy with them earings in as well. But I'm sure there a lots of middle aged men with diamonds in their ears.

Barcon said:
Of course it does, it's totaly embarassing especially when there are players on the same pitch wearing short sleeves. I personally think he looks like a right pansy wiping off the ball with a towel. Of course that's just my opinion, I also think Fuller looks like a pansy with them earings in as well. But I'm sure there a lots of middle aged men with diamonds in their ears.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one then mate. Embarassing maybe, but it doesn't make him look like a pansy in my opinion. Just doing what we can within the rules to get a result. If and when they change the rules he'll just use his shirt like he does away from home. It won't make that much difference to how much time it takes. As i've said over and over again, he still has to wait for the big defenders to get forward just as you would for a corner or attacking free kick or are they going to ban that while they're at it. Rory's as tough as they come.

Well, you seem like a deccent bloke so I won't go calling your lads pansies (even whitehead with them false eyelashes) and regardless of the towel, the bottom line is, we wouldn't be having this conversation if we won.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.