Thomas Cook Day Trips

shinpads

Has anyone used Thomas cook for away trips in europe. Am looking at the juventus away day trip with them. Has anyone got any experience of using them and was it good or bad.<br /><br />-- Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:52 pm --<br /><br />thats a no then :-(

Used em several times fella, they only problem I remember was the Schalke game when we flew in to Cologne with em, and the coaches left there far too late to get us to Gelsenkirchen in good time (traffic terrible), apart from that they do what it says on the tin, godsend for me actually, as cant blow more than a day on any trip with work commitments, you will be fine<br /><br />-- Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:07 pm --<br /><br />Used em several times fella, they only problem I remember was the Schalke game when we flew in to Cologne with em, and the coaches left there far too late to get us to Gelsenkirchen in good time (traffic terrible), apart from that they do what it says on the tin, godsend for me actually, as cant blow more than a day on any trip with work commitments, you will be fine

They're ok, I haven't used them since that Schalke cock-up but that's as much down to having to get to the airport at silly o'clock in the morning as anything else.

what about the cock up with the hamburg trip;i would use spike and miles day trips;before thomas cook; its your choice though.

raglanblue said:
what about the cock up with the hamburg trip;i would use spike and miles day trips;before thomas cook; its your choice though.

thats all well and good but spike has'nt done a day trip this year yet.

I think its unfair to blame Thomas Cook for the Schalke traffic problem. We left Cologne at 4pm for a journey that would normally take just over an hour and a half. There were three seperate crashes on the Autobahn causing massive tailback. Had we not have hit traffic like that we would have got there in plenty of time.

I had problems with Hamburg as they reduced the number of aircraft they were using as they couldn't fill all the seats. We were told less than one week before the game that we wouldnt be going .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.