those watching on tv last night

its better when they get older and then the can get the beers in and at the same time drive and get in for under 16,thats me but hes growing a tash thing so it will end soon

Depends on the importance of the match and the time of the goal IMHO, if the goal had been in the last minute of two, i think the reaction to it would have been different, but to score so early in an away game means yes, we have scored but we still have plenty of time to screw it up in time honoured fashion, whereas if we score in the last 5 minutes then it is harder to fcuk things up, so we get more excited.
Also if we had lost last night, we would still have had a decent chance to go through, whereas if it is the last or second last of the group games then the result is more immediatley important (if you see what I mean)

i have always shouted when we've scored (when im watching it on the tele). Always have done, always will do. It doesn't matter who we play, I 'celebrate' any goal

I think it's more the context of the match.

Europa League / 1st game in the group / early in the match / weaker oposition / greater expectations >>>> a quiet "yeah" or involuntary hand clap that would not disturb a sleeping baby in arms.

Bellamy at the swamp last season to rescue (what seemed at the time) an unlikely point / last minute of the game / take that Fergie / hated rivals >>> a blood-curdling "YESSSSSSS!!!!! GET INNNNN!!!!" that had the living room wall shaking and was loud enough to make my 6-year old daughter jump about a foot in the air in shock and go running to her mother on the verge of tears. "don't worry dear... Daddy's allright.... I think it means City have just scored"

It's all to do with getting older.

I'm not going to jump and leap around like a lunatic when City score like I did on the Kippax in 1973.

That's for the young lads.

My role is now to stare steely-eyed into the distance hoping that City will win another trophy before I die.

Goats left knee said:
was in the house.just kinda thought "yes!" when silva stroked home the 1st. 5-10 years ago i am sure i would have roared it. I dont care any less for city,not one bit,i am sure of that. Could it be cos i now have 2 young kids now,they are maybe more important to me (in a way) was it just cos it was a relatively unknown team?

Hope youre kids dont read this. Why are youre kids only more important , maybe? in a way ??
Surely youre kids are definately more important than City ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.