"Those were the days my friend" song

bluejimmines

I heard it yesterday in the south stand but have never heard it at a match before, can anyone tell me how old it is, ?

cheers

those were the goals my freind, i thought they,d never end , we,d sing and dance forever and a day, when colin bell goes through, then you know it,s true, thoes were the goals ho yes thoes were the goals? na na na na na na na na na na na na.

Those were the days my friend
we took the stretford end
we took the kop, the shed, the north bank too
We'd fight and never lose
we would defend the blues
those were the days
Oh yes those were the days...

mancunial said:
those were the goals my freind, i thought they,d never end , we,d sing and dance forever and a day, when colin bell goes through, then you know it,s true, thoes were the goals ho yes thoes were the goals? na na na na na na na na na na na na.

Cheers mate

Soulboy said:
Those were the days my friend
we took the stretford end
we took the kop, the shed, the north bank too
We'd fight and never lose
we would defend the blues
those were the days
Oh yes those were the days...

that was the one, cheers, both old songs then :)

their was loads of city songs made up from the sixties sounds, t rex one was na na na city fc, i remember loads of us singing that on the kippax steps when we were playing united in 69, hey jude na na na na na na na city, not many lyrics but it was fantastic, oldies but goodies?

bluerichwit said:
i sit and south stand and didnt hear new song ?

a bloke close to the aisle 118 sang it, he sang another too that I hadn't heard before but I can't remember it

might be time time for the oldies to teach the young'uns some of the old favourites before they're forgotten forever ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.