"Those were the days my friend" song

KentBlue said:
The original song was a hit for Mary Hopkins back in either '68 or '69. Something like that. It was produced by Paul McCartney.

That would be Mary Hopkin, look you. No s. 1968.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNVit7cesj8[/youtube] this was often sang at maine road

anyone remember title song by keith west grocer jack, went like this, joe mercer joe mercer is true what people say were gonna win the football league, think that was 68 just before we won it?the opening words were prophetic count the days into years cos 82 brings many fears, he couldn,t have been more right?

bluejimmines said:
might be time time for the oldies to teach the young'uns some of the old favourites before they're forgotten forever ;)

Absolutely! the atmosphere and song back catalogue that City regularly sing is gash/wank/shite/none existent!! why these songs aren't all known by all fans and sang on a regular basis is beyond me! even away from home now we only ever sing the 'big 5': "Blue Moon" "Invisible Man/We're Not Really Here" "My Father Said/Ark Now Here" "We Love You City" and "The Best Team In The Land And All The World" and that's almost it - regularly! there are the odd times when we throw in some different or new ones!

but the old ones need to be known! Why have they vanished! (horrible to say this but United fans know all their old songs - shit as they are!!)

Come on oldies, remind us of the oldies........

"we'll see you all outside, we'll see you all outside, we'll see you all, we'll see you all outside..."

thats the version i remember from back in the day.

Heard this one too. A few of the older boys singing along, no one else knew it.

Be good to hear the South Stand get this one going.

"You'll never reach the station, you'll never reach the station..."

"Pardoe, Pardoe,it's off to Mexico, with Bell and Lee and Summerbee, Pardoe, Pardoe..."

"I'm dreaming of a Blue Wembley, just like the ones I used to know, with the blue flags flying and scousers crying, to see City win the cup... win the cup!"

I'll think of more...

An M. An A. An N, C, I,T,Y
We've got the greatest football team that money cannot buy*
We come from Maine Road Manchester and City is our name
City is our name

*Bit ironic now

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.