Thought we weren't going to pay over the odds?

you can picture it now, fat sam playing hughes comments over and over again, laughing his cock off

pissedagain said:
you can picture it now, fat sam playing hughes comments over and over again, laughing his cock off

Until he see's that we have signed someone else, and he slowly realises that he is stuck with an unhappy RSC.

He then chokes on his 10th kebab of the night and slowly chokes, before... (I'll stop here, it gets rather disturbing)

My understanding is that we offered 18m but the Blackburn board refuse to let Sam spend all the money on replacement players, hence the delay. Its not Hughes' fault.

tbh £16 million is a fair price. The only reason you think we're paying over the odds is cos Blackburn got him so cheap.

How much would we pay for any other proven Premiership goalscorer? United paid £30 million for Berbatov and you think getting RSC for half that is paying over the odds? Spurs supposedly paid £15 million for Defoe.

With the January add on £16 million is a fair price, they'll budge cos they've got an unhappy player who is basically refusing to play for them.

mofo said:
One season wonder possibly? Would you buy Benni McCarthy for 15mill still?

No that's a fair point. I'd counter by saying that Hughes has worked with RSC and obviously believes that he's not a one season wonder, and that the key difference behind his fewer goals this year is that Bentley is no longer planting the ball on his head. Our attack should be able to provide him with the supply he needs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.