Threads 40 years on

Cheers for the heads up.

To paraphrase Cloughie, I wouldn't say Threads was the scariest TV show ever made. But it was in the top one.

There may be a spoiler in the above article

Soundtrack by David Bowie of Raymond Briggs’s (the snow man) book ‘when the wind blows’ made into an animated film

A great Bowie track. A great book and film… British ‘humour’ about the end of the world

It's on Internet Archive too, I believe.
You can also watch "The Day After" on YouTube, admittedly it's not as hard hitting.

I remember watching them both on their original screenings - ITV showed The Day After about 9 months before Threads was screened on BBC2 and I remember The Day After having a bigger impact on me than Threads - the prize for coming first I suppose. The original idea for it was to film it as an episode of Coronation Street with the same cast, but Granada canned that idea.

After reading this thread, I started watching it last night on the Internet Archive (first time I've ever used it) because I couldn't find it anywhere else. Went to continue watching this morning and it appears that it's been hacked and has suffered a massive data breach :(

Found it on Dailymotion with Slovenian(?) subtitles but it's only 58 minutes long. Should be 1h52.

Anyone know if there's anywhere else I can watch it online (I'm not based in the UK)?

Still just as oppressive and all-consuming as it was the first time I saw it (about 2010).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.