Three Achilles Heels for tomorrow

BTH said:
The good news is that they will have to come at us, which suits us.

Not so sure about that mate. I hope we do as we are shite when we sit back, but as we are one point clear a draw would do us going into the final game. as long as we dont balls it up at Burnley!!

Another point in our favour is that the atmosphere tomorrow is going to be an absolutely fucking white-hot cauldron of pent up emotions. When Spurs walk out on to Eastlands tomorrow night they're going to be hit by a wall of sound Phil Spector could only dream about. How many in their line-up will have experienced big-game atmospheres like that before?

In all honesty, both teams are about 180 minutes away from making history for their respective clubs, but only we have the players who have experienced this sort of thing.

By kick off it'll seem like we're already 1-0 up, and they'll bottle it big time.

Have faith.

No worries, the team will the biz tomorrow

Ade n Tez will provide them with a significant test, in midfield Barry needs to play alongside De Jong for me this has served us well most season we actually do ok with this but is really dependent on the speed of pass when we have ball.

Both flanks will provide us with joy but also with moments that will concern. Made for Bellers n Johno. FBs need to on it. I think Villa quicker than Spuds their pace attack was quite blunted, more issues from midfield and Carew. Not many out run Bridge he is very quick.

Bale good but won't trouble Zab and Johno. The defensive work from Bale against Stretford was highlighted very poor and should be top of Bobby's agenda.

Kompany and Toure are made for this, Toure be good offensively too, keeper wasn't too bad and will be better tomorrow.

King and Gomes out would be good

If we score first we win easy, if they score it will hard

I agree with Dave about the keeper. We can expect a fair bit of route one football from Spurs. Which brings me to set pieces:

I can see 'arry leaving one or even two players up field when/if we get corners.

They are going to be looking to maximise pressure on our keeper. Fat Sam did it against Arsenal yesterday. Everybody knows that Fabianski can barely handle a knife and fork, so at set pieces they barged the goalkeeper, put him off and scored two goals. One thing that would not amaze me tomorrow is if we went to a man marking system in order to protect our keeper.

Anyway Achilles heels aside, it's going to be a great night! C'mon CIty!!

Them playing route one football up to Crouch who jumps all over defenders so hope the ref has a good game and is strong.
No real reason we cant absolutely murder them but Crouch is the one who bothers me against Fulop

bigfoot-1.jpg

in such games there aren't strengths or weaknesses. there shouldn't be.

is the team that wins. is the heart that wins. is the will to win.

look at the European Cup matches, even between teams of equal value: almost always wins the team plays at home!!

fans will win tomorrow !!!!!

spudsulike said:
BTH said:
The good news is that they will have to come at us, which suits us.

Not so sure about that mate. I hope we do as we are shite when we sit back, but as we are one point clear a draw would do us going into the final game. as long as we dont balls it up at Burnley!!

That was actually Didsbury Dave's point but I don't disagree.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.