Throwing away anything city

I find myself giving my old shirts to the less fortunate whilst on holiday, my favourite was in the Carribean i gave one of the staff my old EIDOS shirt and he pinned it up on the wall in his bar. Paint the world blue!

Even though it felt really wrong, I recently sold all my old shirts (pretty much every home and away shirt since the maroon and white striped "Clive Allen v Chelsea" one) on an auction site, and did the same with a sh*t load of programmes dating back to the mid-seventies. No Profit in it, I can assure you. The one good thing is that I sold them to people all over the world; places like Spain, Holland, Germany, USA, Italy, Indonesia ...etc. as well as Manchester, so it kinda felt like I was spreading the love a little bit.

But my bathroom's a shrine to City; painted sky blue and white, sky blue towels each with one of my old cloth badges sewn onto the corners of them, framed 1981 cup final shirt from when I was a kid, framed programmes (match on the day I was born, winning cup finals, play-offs ...etc.) and I keep all my away tickets and pin them to a map of the UK which is in there, which gets funny "WTF is that?" looks, mainly off women.

After writing and reading all that back I can only come to one conclusion - "God I'm sad!"

i work in a juve prison in malawi... so i am slowly ridding the prison of arsenal and united tops and replacing the with city top from the years past. Have another load coming out in may, will eventually have the whole prison blue.

Kept some shirts back though!

I have programmes going back to the late 50's. Was recently given a progamme for 1 of the cup finials in the middle 50's, was a bit battered and torn, however as it involved City I kept it. Must have in the regionof 2,500 or maybe even more City progs. All of them tucked away in the attic.

tommytheblue said:
i work in a juve prison in malawi... so i am slowly ridding the prison of arsenal and united tops and replacing the with city top from the years past. Have another load coming out in may, will eventually have the whole prison blue.

Kept some shirts back though!
Good lad.

I've never kept anything really, I've got one programme somewhere but only because I got Dennis Tueart to sign it at Ewood Park in about 89, the rest have been binned. Shirts have all gone to African charities (when I had a lot) or in the bin more recently. I can't really be sentimental over a polyester replica. Plus I have a small house so I can't afford to be a hoarder.

I only own the current home shirt and an old training top (First Advice / Reebok) for wet weather training / jogging, purely because I'm too tight to buy a new one just for sweating in. That's about it.

After writing and reading all that back I can only come to one conclusion - "God I'm sad!"

not sad at all mate, theres loads of us who collect all things city im nearly 50 and still at it !!!

i have every city programme home and away since 1965 all in order and in boxes and files, i have one side of the loft thats just for my footy stuff, wife and kids think im mad but accept it, i even take a hard backed envelope to match as not to crease my programme lol

chelseaaway84 said:

not sad at all mate, theres loads of us who collect all things city im nearly 50 and still at it !!!

i have every city programme home and away since 1965 all in order and in boxes and files, i have one side of the loft thats just for my footy stuff, wife and kids think im mad but accept it, i even take a hard backed envelope to match as not to crease my programme lol

lol just love this

the-ecstacy-of-eight said:
Even though it felt really wrong, I recently sold all my old shirts (pretty much every home and away shirt since the maroon and white striped "Clive Allen v Chelsea" one) on an auction site, and did the same with a sh*t load of programmes dating back to the mid-seventies. No Profit in it, I can assure you. The one good thing is that I sold them to people all over the world; places like Spain, Holland, Germany, USA, Italy, Indonesia ...etc. as well as Manchester, so it kinda felt like I was spreading the love a little bit.

But my bathroom's a shrine to City; painted sky blue and white, sky blue towels each with one of my old cloth badges sewn onto the corners of them, framed 1981 cup final shirt from when I was a kid, framed programmes (match on the day I was born, winning cup finals, play-offs ...etc.) and I keep all my away tickets and pin them to a map of the UK which is in there, which gets funny "WTF is that?" looks, mainly off women.

That makes two of us then. I bought a huge map of the UK a couple of years ago when I started to go to away games on a regular basis and I blu-tack the tickets down the side (league games on the left, cup games on the right). I then print out a small badge of the whichever club's ground I've been too and blu-tack that to the appropriate spot on the map.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.