TIA mini stroke

Its a brief interuption of blood flow to the brain,a warning if you like that you could potentially be a candidate for a full stroke (CVA).

I guess it can be likened to angina in cardiac cases.

The hospital will hopefully get you on the road to recovery,and along with a few lifestyle changes maybe....there's a good chance you won't be affected long term.

All the best.

My dad has had a few one quite recently, trouble is he's on that many pills for various ailments we are just waiting for the big one, not if but when, just do everything the doc tells you to do and take care.

my mum has just gone through this, doctor told her she was 70% risk of full stroke if she didn't have a carotid artery "bypass", which she had done very quickly, in and out of hospital in 24 hours, doc now says chance of full stroke <1%. She's 82 and no issues with the op

Good luck

My father had 3 Tia's a few years ago - he's been left with no lasting damage and just had to adjust meds and diet. Fit as a flea now, most Tia's resolve with no issues.

Good luck OP

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.