Tick-Tock .. the beginning of the end of Typical City?

"Typical city" expired for good and all in the season just completed. I remember a post, to the MUEN I think, after the community shield which simply said, "Normal service resumed". We forget that before the season began no pundit took City to win the league, United were thought to have a deeper and more talented squad than every other team - and were narrowing the gap on Barcelona! They started off well, as we did, but who can forget Shearer's smug insistence before the OT derby, that City would "find it's a bit harder to win at OT" than to thump Villa 4 - 1. Typical City would never have won at OT, never mind 6-1. This was just the statement the Sheikh and the club needed to show the "project" was credible. And so to the month of April, when "typical city" had shown they had "capitulated" and the regs had shown that they had the experience and the class to open up an 8 point gao with 6 to play. Done and dusted! But City didn't give up and a succession of "untypical" results brought us to the derby at the Etihad - the reds would win the title at the "council house", City "always" blew it in games like this one. Fergie was a master of mind games, convince City he didn't know how to play defensive but walk off with the draw which would deliver the title. Not a shot on target for them: a 1 - 0 win for us and the title ours to win! A cool-as-ice performance at Newcastle and 90 minutes away from glory. This is where things went wrong. We didn't play well. QPR 2 - 1 up. United fans smug and complacent - City ALWAYS did this and blew it. Fortune ALWAYS favoured United. United ALWAYS come out on top. But these lads don't do typical City! We have players who "never give up". First, Silva landed a corner right on the money, Edin Dzeko got free, ran 18 yards and crashed a header home. Then a move no City fan will ever forget - Lescott to de Jong, on to Kun, to Mario, back to Kun, and the title to City! That's the new typical City.

So the old typical City was seriously ill when we put United out in the semi and it was in its death throes for most of last season, but it was killed stone dead on May 13, 2012 at 5.55pm. It was assassinated by 14 heroes. It will not be missed.

BluessinceHydeRoad said:
"Typical city" expired for good and all in the season just completed. I remember a post, to the MUEN I think, after the community shield which simply said, "Normal service resumed". We forget that before the season began no pundit took City to win the league, United were thought to have a deeper and more talented squad than every other team - and were narrowing the gap on Barcelona! They started off well, as we did, but who can forget Shearer's smug insistence before the OT derby, that City would "find it's a bit harder to win at OT" than to thump Villa 4 - 1. Typical City would never have won at OT, never mind 6-1. This was just the statement the Sheikh and the club needed to show the "project" was credible. And so to the month of April, when "typical city" had shown they had "capitulated" and the regs had shown that they had the experience and the class to open up an 8 point gao with 6 to play. Done and dusted! But City didn't give up and a succession of "untypical" results brought us to the derby at the Etihad - the reds would win the title at the "council house", City "always" blew it in games like this one. Fergie was a master of mind games, convince City he didn't know how to play defensive but walk off with the draw which would deliver the title. Not a shot on target for them: a 1 - 0 win for us and the title ours to win! A cool-as-ice performance at Newcastle and 90 minutes away from glory. This is where things went wrong. We didn't play well. QPR 2 - 1 up. United fans smug and complacent - City ALWAYS did this and blew it. Fortune ALWAYS favoured United. United ALWAYS come out on top. But these lads don't do typical City! We have players who "never give up". First, Silva landed a corner right on the money, Edin Dzeko got free, ran 18 yards and crashed a header home. Then a move no City fan will ever forget - Lescott to de Jong, on to Kun, to Mario, back to Kun, and the title to City! That's the new typical City.

So the old typical City was seriously ill when we put United out in the semi and it was in its death throes for most of last season, but it was killed stone dead on May 13, 2012 at 5.55pm. It was assassinated by 14 heroes. It will not be missed.

^^ Superb post. I agree with everything here.

WythyBlue32 said:
BluessinceHydeRoad said:

^^ Superb post. I agree with everything here.

Fantastic post......

It is no longer 'Typical' city, that Kun goal against QPR silenced that demon..

'Typical' united anyone ?? yeah...lets see how they like the 'Typical' handle.

Kun Aguero said:
CheethamHillBlue said:
Kun Aguero said:
Do you just post about the rags?

Considering you have "8 points clear and you fucked it up" as your location, you are either stupid or a wum.
You decide.

Check my post's compared to Pam's, I hate the rags as much as her, I laugh at what the plastics say on ragcafe but not every post is about that lot.

Before you ask, yes they fucked it up, I'd say the same if it was City.
goin on rag cafe!! tut tut shame on u<br /><br />-- Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:36 pm --<br /><br />
Kun Aguero said:
CheethamHillBlue said:
Kun Aguero said:
Do you just post about the rags?

Considering you have "8 points clear and you fucked it up" as your location, you are either stupid or a wum.
You decide.

Check my post's compared to Pam's, I hate the rags as much as her, I laugh at what the plastics say on ragcafe but not every post is about that lot.

Before you ask, yes they fucked it up, I'd say the same if it was City.
goin on rag cafe!! tut tut shame on u

We throw away the title against 10 men then win it with 2 goals in injury time.

And some of you claim 'typical city' is dead...

I would have to say the semi final against Utd, but prior to the game, I had no feelings that we would loose, went down to London for the weekend to celebrate and had no nerves what-so-ever. Just had a calm feeling that it was our time to deliver, the team took this confidence into the next season as well.

With regards to typical City I think if you look back at the acheivements last season we've got rid of the typical city badge;

Delivered the EPL.
Most points scored ever for city in the top flight.
Most goals scored ever for city in the top flight.
Least goals conceeded ever for city in the top flight.
Most doubles over teams ever for city in the top flight.

A better way to look at it is we have a new typical CITY!!!!

BluessinceHydeRoad said:

Best post ever!

Didsbury Dave said:
We throw away the title against 10 men then win it with 2 goals in injury time.

And some of you claim 'typical city' is dead...

I know what are people on this forum going on about? Beating QPR was the most typical "typical city" moment probably in the clubs history.

We make a meal of things, everything is dramatic, for the good or for the bad. Its the rich tapestry of the clubs history which makes the club so special and unique.

As a kid my first game was beating Grimsby Town 3-0 to be followed by a 4-1 defeat in the reverse fixture. As a kid I couldn't understand it but it what makes the club so endearing.

Weve won the league followed by relegation the following season. Scored and conceded a hundred goals. Ran the ball in the corner when we need to score to remain up and been relegated due to dramatic own goals and the keeper picking up back passes. Similary we have been promoted and won the league with two injury time goals in each; clinched promotion at Blackburn after witnessing the ball rattle the crossbar on numerous occassions and been involved in probably the most dramatic cup match ever turning a 3-0 deficit with ten men into a 4-3 victory.

Thats "typical City" I for one hope it never changes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.